Chapter~ 39 'Oath'

Chapter~ 39 'Oath'

"You guys ready? You're up in five," The stage manager tells Jessica and I, doubling the stress evident in me. I take deep, heavy breaths as if my I'm holding on for dear life. Saying I'm nervous is an understatement, really.

I'm wrecked.

"I-I g-guess," Jessica stutters, while all the other back-up dancers murmur a "Yes".

"Well, you better be." She gives us a weird look and walks away.

"We can do this," I assure her, trying to do so myself as well.

I need to prove myself. I need to prove to everyone that not only me, but every single person could make a simple dream, a colorful reality. I believe in myself. I believe in my dream. So, I definitely believe that I can make it happen. That I can make it shine.

"One minute, girls."

I take one more breath before I walk over to get my microphone. I hold the grey microphone gently in my hands, as if it was the most fragile thing in this universe.

Liam pats me on the back and I look back to him with a smile. I can feel heat rise up to my cheeks and butterflies erupt and fly to every corner of my stomach, leaving me puzzled.

Do I really like Liam?

"Go!"

I hurriedly shake the thought off as we bounce our way to the stage. I try to look as confident as I could. I need to live this moment. I need to feel it.

"Hello everyone! Are you ready for some fun?!" I yell into the microphone, receiving loud cheers in return. The fans sure are excited. This gives me a confident boost.

"My name is Isabella. I'm here with my best friend ever, Jessica, and the beautiful back-up dancers!"

The fans' screams and cheers are amusing. This must've been what it felt like to be in a concert.

It's wild.

"This song's dedicated to the one and only, Jessica Russo! Enjoy!" I grin from ear to ear and clap as the intro music plays.

I start to perform my practiced dance moves while the girls do the same. Then, I inhale and start to do my favorite thing.

"Yo, my best friend, best friend 'til the very end

Cause best friends, best friends don't have to pretend

You need a hand, and I'm right there right beside you

You in the dark, I'll be the bright light to guide you