Chapter~23 'Everything Changed'

I looked at the mirror, content of what I'm wearing to school today; light blue jeans and a glittery, white tank top, along with white flats that have a tiny, black ribbon on them. I styled my hair into a cute bun, letting my bangs fall freely, slightly covering my chocolate brown eyes. Light makeup covered my small, round face. That's what I'm wearing to high school after two short weeks of break. 

   I looked at the bold numbers on the lock screen of my phone. 7:13 am, it read. The first period will start in a few minutes. I grabbed my car keys and dropped my phone into my handbag. Then, rushed out of my bedroom. I made my way towards the living room only to find Jessica watching SpongeBob with a huge grin plastered on her face. I smiled at the sight.

   "Let's go." I told her.

No words were spoken on the way to school, for we were both lost in our deep thoughts.

 Everything changed ever since the boys left. The flat is just so quiet and empty, unfilled with the contagious laughter the boys let out. Jessica and I have been on mute, we barely have any conversations. We were too shocked and miserable to speak. At first, we kept making excuses to cover up for why they haven't called us when they landed, or why they hadn't Skyped with us as they had promised. Then, frowns slowly covered our faces as we realized how stupid we are to think the boys would actually like to keep in touch with us. My fear slowly became a reality, for they really have forgotten all about us. Not only are we sad and somber, but also humiliated. Humiliated because we believed the last words they told us. Humiliated that we fell for the looks of sincerity in their eyes.

      *Flashback*

"Listen to me. We will never forget you or the great memories we had together. It was the best break ever, and we thank you for that. We will be back, and we will meet again. We will try our best to Skype with and call you every day, okay?" We nodded, believing Liam's words.

We hugged them all, one by one, as they walked out our flat's door. They refused to say goodbye to us at the airport, and even though we were curious why, we didn't bother to ask. We were focused on saying goodbye, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill.

   *End of Flashback*

  Even though the boys lied to us, we knew there was no going back. We loved them, and we still do. Nothing will ever change that.

  For some reason, our communication with Delilah, Perrie, and Eleanor ended, too. We text every now and then, but they say they're too busy to hang out anymore. I wonder if they are slowly forgetting about us, too?

Another thing that changed was the school's attitude towards Jessica and me. We are new to this school, but we are treated like Queens. And to be honest, I don't really like the attention I'm getting. I'm not very used to being offered to have my books held for me, or to sign a shirt or a picture. I would always refuse to let anyone help me with my books. I mean, I have hands and I can help myself perfectly. However, I would gladly sign on they're item. At first, we were a bit confused, but after a overhearing students talking about the YouTube videos posted of us, things became clearer.

Even though anyone would enjoy that, I didn't. I wasn't used to fame. Even if I wasn't that famous, I'm still not used to people treating me like a Queen.

   Jessica and I can see that so many things changed during the past week. And one thing that we know for sure is: Even though everything changed so quickly, our love towards the boys never will.

Author's Note: Here's the update! I hope you enjoyed it! I've been rushing into this chapter since I'm very busy, but I tried my best!

This chapter is dedicated to @DerrenElizabethAdams ! Thanks for reading my story!

Remember, I love you all. And I always will! <3

~HG xx