Chapter~ 10 'Long Time No See.'

Chapter~ 10 'Long Time No See'

Once I opened my eyes, exhaustion immediately hit me from head to toe. I stayed in bed for a few minutes before deciding it was time to get ready for work. It was seven o'clock in the morning and our shift in Starbucks starts at nine, which gives us enough time to get ready. I went into the bathroom to do my morning rituals and then made my way to the kitchen for a delicious breakfast. Surprisingly, I found Jessica sitting on the counter, drinking tea and texting.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"Morning! What woke you up so early?" She asked.

"I think I'm the one who's supposed to be asking you that."

"My alarm woke me up without permission. And you know me, if something wakes me up, I can't fall asleep once more."

Yes, Jessica's right in that point. I have the same problem, sadly. Waking me up isn't something easy, but getting me to falling back to sleep is something even harder. And if I happen to wake up unwillingly, I get extremely moody. And trust me, you don't want to mess with moody me, because the consequences can be ghastly.

"Yeah. Anyways, who are you texting?"

"Dad," She simply replied, shrugging.

Jessica is really close to her dad. Ever since Jessica's mom passed on, she and her Dad became closer than ever before. My heart was aching for Jessica. It took her quit a long time to adjust to her life without her mother. However, she was strong nonetheless the amount of tears she shed. And I was very proud of her.

Thinking of family, I was in need of hearing Mom and Maya's voices. I miss them terribly.

"Oh, tell him I say hi. Will you make me breakfast?"

"Sure and nope!" She said popping the 'P'.

"Sure to making me breakfast?" I asked, confused.

"Nope," She retorted.

"Nope to what? Making me breakfast? Or saying hi to your father?"

"To making you breakfast, idiot." She rolled her eyes, still texting.

"Pretty please?" She shook her head

"Pretty please with whipped cream on top?" I gave her my puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry, Hun." I began to get angry.

"Pretty please with whipped cream and cherry on top?" I gritted my teeth impatiently, giving her a bittersweet smile.

"Make it yourself."

"Come on! I wanna call mom. And I have to do it now because by the time I finish with her, I'll have to rush and gobble up all my food to dress up for the shift. Please, Jess? "

"Fine. But you owe me breakfast tomorrow."

"Okay! Thank you!" I hopped to the living room happily, picking up my phone and dialing my Mom's number.

"Hello. Izzy?"

"Mom!" I exclaimed, happily.

"Maya, it's your sister! Isabella, darling! How are you doing? Are you eating well? Is everything okay? Where are you living?"

"Mom! Mom! Calm down! I'm fine! In fact, I feel amazing!" I laughed before sighing in content. "Mom, you have no idea what happened this week. I've had the most amazing time of my life! Remember the boy band I was obsessing over the past three years?"

"Honey, that's great to hear! Ah, yes. What was the band's name again? Wonder Action?"

I cracked up, laughing hysterically. Oh my God, she did not just call them Wonder Action.