Chapter~ 4 'Can This Get Any Better?'

''Attention, please. Boarding of flight number 319, to London, is starting now,'' I heard a voice flow out of the speakers. Jessica and I lifted our handbags and boarded our plane. We fought over who would sit next to the window, as expected. However, it all settled down to me winning the battle. As soon as we sat down, my phone was within my hands.

To: Mom x

I'm in the plane. Going to miss you. ❤️xx

   I sent the text, meaning it. I phone beeped a few seconds later, alarming me of a new text message.

From: Mom x

Me too, honey. Stay safe and take care! Love you. ❤️xx

To: Mom x

I will. Love you more. ❤️ xx

''We are taking off. Please turn your electronics off, buckle your seatbelts, and enjoy your flight.''

   It was a matter of seconds before my eyes felt heavy and I fell into sleep.

''Wakey, wakey, sleepy head.'' Jessica shook my shoulders.

''Leave me alone," I mumbled, lazily.

"The plane landed, idiot.''

   I jumped out of my seat and took my handbag. Then, I gave her my famous death glare.

''What are you waiting for? Let's go.'' She giggled. I ran behind her.

   It's been a week since we've settled down. We live in a nice flat that fits us perfectly. It almost felt like home. Everything here, in London, made us feel like we're home. Finding a suitable job wasn't very hard, either. We were accepted and welcome at Starbucks. We've been as responsible as we could. Let's just say, we haven't destroyed anything, yet.

''Beep. Beep. Beep."

   I attempted to switch my loud alarm clock off, but clumsily fell off the bed on my poor face. My eyes fluttered open, my eyebrows furrowed, and my head throbbed in pain. I stared at the four bold numbers flashing. 10:08 AM, it said.

''Oh my God!'' I quickly jumped off my bed and ran into Jess' room.

''Wake up! It's ten freaking o'clock; we're going to be late for work! Oh my God!'' I said in a hurry. I don't think she heard me.

''What did you say?'' she said grumpily. Another thing we had in common, we aren't morning people. At all.

''Wake up! It's ten o'clock," I repeated my words.

''So what? Go back to sleep. It's early,'' she carelessly replied.

''We are going to be freaking late for our freaking job, you idiot! Get up!'' I screamed in her ears, causing her to sit up.

''Ouch! It's going to be your own freaking fault if I get deaf, you know!'' She screamed back.

''If! Now get your lazy butt out of that bed you lazy hippo!''

''Fine!" She childishly stuck out her tongue at me.

   I ran to my bedroom and wore my uniform in supersonic speed. I then ran into Jess' room, finding her adding makeup.

''Make up? Make up?! Hurry up! Let's go!'' I commanded.

We were heading to Starbucks.

''Good evening. May I help you?'' I asked a costumer politely.

''Good evening." She smiled. "One regular coffee with extra cream on top, please.''

''Sure.'' I smiled back. ''It'll be right up.''

I went to the coffee counter and did my job.

"Please come again.'' I handed her the coffee cup.

''Thank you.''

   She was the last costumer of the day. I shifted the sign on the door that says 'Open' to 'Closed', and went to clean up and wipe the tables. Jessica and I were the only people left in the place.

''I'm tired," Jessica said, pretending to wipe out sweat from her forehead.

''Yeah. But isn't it kind of fun? I mean, it's not hard and they pay us a fine amount. So, it's definitely worth it,'' I said as I shift to another table to wipe it clean.

''Yeah, it is.''

   After a few minutes, we heard crazy screaming. It sounded like fans running around the building. That's funny.

''Did you hear that?'' I asked.

''The screams?'' she asked.

''No. Well, yes. But did you hear-'' I stopped, hearing another sound coming from the kitchen. Did anyone sneak in from the backdoor? ''That?''

''Follow me,'' Jessica whispered. We slowly tiptoed to the kitchen and hid behind the door.

''This is insane,'' we heard a deep, male voice say.

"Where are we?" a deeper voice asked.

"Starbucks," another squealed.

''That's it,'' I whispered/shouted. I grabbed the closest, portable thing to me (which was a spoon, by the way). I was ready to hit whomever it was who crashed into our kitchen.

Everything was more visible once I switched on the lights.

''Oh God. Please don't hurt me!'' Liam Payne screamed, looking horrified at the spoon I was holding.

Wait.

Liam Payne?

Liam James Payne?!

   I turned around, only to see five familiar faces standing in front of Jessica and me.

''One Direction?'' Jessica whispered. They all nodded.

I dropped my spoon.

"Oh my God," I heard myself say before everything darkened and all I saw was black.

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to @Hipster_1D, she saved this story :) Thank you! ❤️

Thanks for reading! =)

~HG xx