Chapter~ 29 'Legal!'

"Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo! You look like a monkey... And you smell like one too!" A crowd of cheers erupted all over the hall. I smiled shyly and thanked everyone. This was the first birthday I spent with the boys. And since I'm eighteen, I can now finally say, I'm legal!

"That was pretty mean of you to say, guys. Wouldn't it be a bit nicer if you sang it the traditional way?" Liam yet again offered one of his sweet, caring comments that I'm never tired of.

I let out a faint giggle. "No, Liam, it was very funny. I'm okay with it!" I smiled genuinely. He replied with a small nod along with a shy, gentle smile.

The loud music bust out once again and everyone was off to their crazy dancing. Today, the boys rented a hall in a 5-star hotel in order to celebrate my eighteenth birthday. They invited everyone they knew in the city, which was very kind of them.

When I woke up this morning, my eyes landed on a dress that was laying on my bed. It was utterly beautiful, and apparently very expensive. The dress was a black, satin one with a pick belt that reclined on its waist. It was about knee length and it was very concealing. Next to the dress was a pink piece of paper with black ink written on it.

Wear this dress tonight. We're picking you up along with the other girls at 7 pm. ~1D xx

"It's time to open presents!" Jessica announced happily, snapping me out of my trance. She was probably happier than I am, if that's possible.

I hopped my way over to the table full of gifts. Not that they were needed, but I used to wish for a birthday party like this. Therefore, this birthday party is one gift I would never forget.

I got so many lovely things from the boys and girls. Lucky Charms, perfume, sets of accessories, an iPhone and a new Laptop since mine's screen was cracked. Jessica's gift was very sweet as well. It was a photo frame full of lovely photos that brought back so many memories of us together.

Teardrops slowly fell off my eyes as I smiled thankfully. "Thank you so much, guys. You made this day one if the best in my whole life. Thank you."

They brought me in for a warm group hug and the whole room cheered once again. The hug planted a warm feeling in me; however, it also reminded me of the hugs I really longed for.

My family's.

"Guys, will you excuse me, please? I just wanna make a phone call." I smiled. They all smiled back, understanding.

I made my way towards the ladies' restroom, smiling at every person I saw on my way. I dialed my Mom's phone number and patiently waited for her to pick up.

"Hello? Mom? It's me, Isabella."

"Izzy! Baby, I miss you so much. H-how are you? Is everything okay? Oh, dear," Mom immediately started crying, causing me to tear up as well.

"Mom. I miss you too, so much. I've never been better, Mom. How have you been? And how's Maya? And Dad?"

"I've been okay, and Maya's been a great help lately. Your Dad's fine, too. He still travels a lot and barely has any time for us. He's in Chicago, now. But yeah, we're fine. Don't worry! I'm just so happy you called, darling. Maya has something to say to you." I smiled happily, missing my annoying sister.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you! Izzy! I miss you so much!"

"Mayo! I miss you way more! Thank you! How's school?" I laughed at her cuteness.

"I already told you to stop calling me that name." I can imagine her pouting on the other side. I laughed at the thought.

"What name?" I pretended to have no idea what she's talking about.

"That name." she simply replied.

"Mayo?" I chuckled while she groaned.

"Whatever, I don't really care. But yeah, school's okay! Tell me, Izzy. Is school always this boring or am I exaggerating?" she innocently asked me.

"Err, yes. But you're still young, Maya. You're still going to face many adventures, soon. I bet many guys will always be running behind you, pretty face." I teased her. I got one hell of a reply in return.

"Ewe." And I cracked up laughing.

Kids.

"Okay, well, tell mom that I love her! I'll talk to you guys soon. Love you, Mayo."

"Love you too, Izzy."

I hung up, the smile never leaving my face. Everything's perfect until now. My family's okay, my friends are okay, and I'm okay. What else can I ask for?

Sleep.

What a beautiful thought.

Author's Note: A new update for my lovely fans! Hope you enjoyed it. I realized this one is a bit longer than the few chapters before it, so yaaaaay! X) 

This chappie is dedicated to @NoranTarek6 ! You guys shouldreally check out her books :D

Okay, so I just want to thank you guys so freaking much for the 4K reads! I'm just so happy :') I love you all more than you can imagine <3 Stay tuned for the next chapter! 

~HG xx