Chapter~ 25 'Why this?'

Chapter~ 25 'Why This?'

I looked at Jessica, my eyes wide. I know we agreed that we would just expect whatever, but not right now. Not right here.

Just no.

Is she here to turn another head start to the dream I'm following, into another huge nightmare?

What are you talking about? She still wants revenge, remember?' My subconscious tells me, but I try to push her back for now.

Didn't she already take her revenge? Or is she back for more?

So, it's Taylor, again. She's back. Who knows what she's planning for this time?

Wait, why is she here? Can she sing or even dance? No way, she can't. Then why is she here? What is she going to do this time?

You're freaking out.

No, I'm not.

You're scared.

No, I'm not.

You're in denial.

No, I'm stronger than that. I'm just surprised she's here. And I hope she's just as surprised to see me too, because I'm back, stronger than ever.

Who am I kidding? She's not surprised to see me. She has a stupid grin plastered on her caked up face. That's not how an astonished person looks like.

She's probably planning for attack while you're stupidly staring at her. My subconscious mocks me again.

"She's back," Jessica whispers. I give her the 'You don't say!' look, along with my famous death glare. We are supposed to act as if we don't care if she's here. Not as if we are scared and freaked out.

 You are all of what you said now, my subconscious tells me once more. 'Didn't I tell you to shut up? I try, for the third time, to push her back, but it seems like the world is against me today.

"Hey, guys!" An annoying squeaky voice snapped me out of my stupid thoughts. Oh wait, that's Taylor!

Of course it is.

"Hey?" We greet back.

More like ask back.

Why are we acting this way? We were expecting it, obviously.

No you were not. That stupid voice in my head haunts me again. '

'We were.' I lie.

I'm your head, idiot. I know what you're thinking. 

"Are you ready for the auditions?" Taylor asks.

"Err- I guess?" "Yes we are," Jessica and I say at the same time. I pinch her secretly and give her another brutal glare.

"We are, more than ever," I repeat again, with more confidence than I expected.

"That's great!" She's acting nice. Too nice. It's creepy.

"Uhh- yeah! I-its... hah," Jessica stutters. I guess she's just as creeped out as I am.

What a great way to start an important day.

Yay.

"I'll be right behind the curtains, watching you. Good luck!" She encouraged. Then, she hopped away.

Now that , was something.

"What's up with her?" I ask. Jessica replies with a simple shrug.

I take a glance at my wrist watch. We have about five more minutes until the auditions will start. I'm so nervous, but happy that it's a one in a million chance that out of all the people auditioning for this musical, we will be the first to go.

To make sure, I head to the paper stuck on almost every wall in the backstage hallway.

Luck is never with us. Well, at least we're not the first to go. However, Jessica is the second, and I follow.

"Jess! Come over here!" I call her.

"What?" She asks, already nervous. Poor girl.

I point to the paper, and her jaw drops to the floor.

"No way. No to the freaking way."

"Don't worry, I'll be cheering for you. Just chill. It's fine. I'm right after you, anyways." I smile at her.

"I'm not su-"

"Shh. It's fi-"

"We're starting now. I call Theresa Parker, first. Theresa Parker?"

We stand in silence for a while. Looks like she isn't here. That means Jessica goes first.

Our luck is amazing, really.

"I call Jessica Russo. Ms. Russo?" The old woman asks again.

"I'm here," my best friend almost whispers.

"You'll be fine. I'll be right here, cheering for you." I hug her tight, hoping for luck to be by her side this time.

She heads right behind the curtains, getting ready to do what she's best at. The curtains spread open and Jessica stepped back, gasping in shock.

My eyes widen. Jessica turns around to face me, a look similar to mine on her face.

I think we've had enough surprises for today.

Why this? 

Author's Note: Another cliffhanger! I love you all so much! <3

~HG xx