Chapter 17

Oliver's POV:

I marched through the school gates with a loud huff. My blood boiled as I spotted a certain boys brown quiff from the distance. God even looking at his stupid face and stupid hair cut made me want to punch someone.

Matt was stood alone by the wall at the front of school. Our eyes met the second he realised I was marching towards him. He didn't even look scared of me, dumb twat, he should be. In fact he should be quivering from the mere sight of me right now, especially because he was alone.

Pushing through any groups of teenagers in my way, I finally made my way to the wall where Matt was. My vans stomped heavily across the grass as my body bubbled with rage.

"Where the fuck is he?" I demanded, grabbing hold of Matt's collar and shoving him harshly against the wall. He let out a pathetic squeal and looked down at the ground.

"Who?" He asked ignorantly like he didn't know exactly what I was talking about.

"Josh, you fucking cunt." I growled, pushing him back further. "He hasn't been at school for 3 days now."

"I-I don't know." He squeaked. I swung my fist back and hit him straight in the jaw. He only whimpered back.

I'm not sure why but this morning I woke up consumed by anger. It had been 3 days since Josh last came to school and I was staring to get really worried. I was so relived when he came back on Tuesday, I thought he was back to normal and then out of the blue he stays off for another 3 days.

This was my fault. I was the one who made him upset on Tuesday, I was the reason he ran home crying. Yet I needed to see him again to check he was at least slightly okay, I couldn't bare the thought that he's sad because of me any longer. Every time I close my eyes all I see is his tear stained cheeks and his scared eyes.

Ugh, this is all my fault.

No, this is Matts fault.

If it wasn't for him telling me that Josh was better off without me then none of this would have ever happened. I trusted Matt, he said that Josh would be fine if I broke up with him then. God was he wrong.

"This is all your fucking fault Matt." I yelled, still holding him up with my fist. His eye was now half closed and watering from where I had punched him. Pathetic really.

"I-I know I'm sorry!" He stuttered, looking up at me with apologetic eyes. I stepped away from him, causing his body to drop to the floor. "I just didn't want my best friend leaving me for you."

"Well now neither of us have him." I yelled once again, kicking him in the ribs before walking away.

I was so fucking angry! How dare that bastard break us up because he wanted Josh all to himself. He was a control freak who couldn't bare the thought of his friend being happy with anyone else. Josh didn't need someone like that in his life.

I marched around the back of the school and took out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one up. I blew on the horrible tasting smoke in an attempt to calm myself down but it wasn't enough. I threw the fag on the floor and stamped on it violently until it was just a pile of mush.

Turning around, my fist flung into the side of the wall, causing pain to diffuse up my arm. Again. And again. And again. I let my anger out on the tired looking bricks until my knuckles were a dark mix of blue, red and purple.

Maybe Josh was better off without me after all. I was a pathetic excuse for a human being and he deserved so much better. He deserved someone who treated him like a king. What if I ever hurt him like I did Matt? No I could never do that to my princess.