She didn't find him in his comfort room, or the dining, when she had arrived. It wasn't until one of the maids told her that he was at his office room, did she finally see him.

A few documents laid on the table, with his laptop, left open. An empty mug stood next to it, with a small silver kettle.

He had always been extra used to his herbal teas. They helped steady his heart rate, and kept him calm. So he would say.

He liked drinking it whenever he was working, hence why he ordered a kettle of the tea to be brought for him, in case he needed another pour.

"Help me find Logan."

Easy, and straight to the point. Exactly her aim. He adjusted himself into the chair, and took his glasses off.

The small smile on his face widened.

"Did your little lover run away? He found you too much to handle, didn't he?"

"Christian has him.. Kidnapped him or whatever."

Another easy answer. No stalling.

He raised his thick brown brows up in mild surprise at her answer. Then, he broke out in a grin, which irritated Emily.

"I fail to see what you and Christian find so funny, and amusing in him kidnapping the man i love."

"The man you love?" Amusement couldn't stay clear off the old man's black orbs.

"Okay. Let's agree he's the man you love. But Christian is the man you will marry. There's a difference. You have a commitment to fulfil to him."

Emily was dumbfounded by his reply. Tongue tied, surprised, shocked.

So did her father have something to do with it all at the end?

Did he support Christian's crazy idea of burning down Logan's workshop, and kidnapping him thereafter?

"Commitment?" she scoffed. Her legs were beginning to get heavy from standing for too long. She needed to rest, but yet she refused to take a seat, and take in the bullshit that was her father, and Christian.

"How long did you know he was a sick man?" she didn't need to specify who she was talking about, he already knew.

He frowned at her, before lifting the kettle in his hands. He poured whatever little content was left of the tea into the white cup. Emily watched as the hot steam floated in the air.

"Christian's not sick. He's-" he paused for a second, and twisted his face into a confused look that showed he was thinking of the right word to use.

"Lost. He's lost." He completed, and took the cup, up to his lips.

This was crazy. Emily didn't know what she was still doing there, standing. How could she ever bear the thought that her father could help?

"Are you covering up for him because of the secret you have?"

Gerald's mug froze on his lips, and his black eyes held a thousand darkness in them. Every ounce of a previous smile was wiped off his face.

"He mentioned that i had one?" He said, and finally looked away from her.

"From your reaction right now, i guess he was telling the truth then. What are you hiding, dad?"

Gerald seemed to huff in a silent breath of relief at her question. Christian hadn't told her. Good.

"I had nothing to do with Logan." He replied, slyly ignoring her question.

Emily found it suspicious,  the way he had evaded her question. But that could be solved later, Logan was what mattered now.

"Why would i trust you?"

His smug smile was back again, as he dropped the empty mug onto the table.

"I wouldn't lie to you my precious one."

But he had. On numerous occasions in fact. Emily could not count the number of times he had lied to her. His lies were more than the strands of hair on her head.

Her father was a great liar.

And he was lying. Right now.

"What would happen if i marry Christian?"

"I guess he'd let go of your little boy toy, an--"

"Logan!"

She thundered. Her eyes shot up in all the pressed down anger she had been fighting to keep hidden. The madness that threatened to consume her for her loss of Logan.

"You will refer to him by his name, and you will find him for me before the day ends."

Gerald's eyes darkened at her outburst, and a large frown shadowed his face.

"And you will talk to me like the father that i am to you. Emily, you will give me the respect i deser-"

"Oh fuck respect! If there's anybody in this world that deserves it, it is certainly not you! You have never been a good father figure to me. You only care about your fucking reputation, and company, but i swear to God, i will bring all of that down in a matter of time! That reputation, that name!, i will fucking ruin it. Tomorrow, at that conference. I will dig up all the dirt on your name, remember i am your daughter? I know everything you do."

He looked startled at her spilled words. They were strong enough to give him an attack. The look of disgust on her face didn't escape his eyes, and he was beginning to doubt the woman standing right at his front, was the daughter he had raised.

"You will marry Christian. That is final."

Her knees shook violently, she stumbled back a bit, and her heart drummed wildly against it's cage.

Was this how it was all going to end?

Her father didn't feel threatened by her words. He probably had a plan to stop her from doing as she had said, but she couldn't back down like this. No.

"Why?" she finally breathed out. The air in her lungs seemed to escape with each passing moment she spent with him in that room.

He remained silent, and she asked again, louder this time.

"Why? Why is it so important for you that i marry Christian?" she finally asked the question that she should have asked since the very beginning of it all.

For a minute, she thought she saw his eyes soften, but when she looked clearly again, they were as cold, and dark as death itself.

"It's a very simple answer my dear. Christian would make the perfect husband for you."

~^~^~^~

Word count - 1441

Song for the chapter - David Guetta ft Sia - She wolf.

~^~^~

Hey, so i brought myself to write this chapter. Lol. Please vote, comment, and share if you loved it. ❤❤❤❤