Chapter 20 (Pt. 1)

This book is also published on Inkitt and Dreame. Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker

follow my backup incase something happens to this account
comicthinker

Playlist - I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift

Luna

I woke up in the morning to the sound of the shower. I was trying to work out how someone other than me could be in my bathroom when the sounds stopped and a pregnant Mia, stepped outside in my purple towel.

I had forgotten the fact that she was staying with me for a few days. Until, her father comes and gets her.

"I didn't mean to wake you," she said, clutching the towel that was small on her. "I was feeling restless. Water calmed me down."

I stared at her. I observed the fading marks on her skin which were Chase's doing, and cursed him internally. "It's fine. My aunt's going shopping today. I'll tell her to add maternity towels for you."

"No. It's fine. I won't be here long."

"Mia," I said, firmly. "Don't push."

She changed into her maternity clothes and went down to the living room.

The last few days have been hard on her. Her pregnancy news was declared to her mother by Mr. Henry and he wasn't very considerate with the news. He clearly inferred that Mia whored herself around and got pregnant. Her mother didn't take the news positively and wants to ship Mia back to her father ASAP.

It took a lot of courage for Mia to not tell the truth to her mother. But she knows her future steps and telling the truth to anyone would just complicate things for herself and her mother.

After all, Chase Henry will be getting married soon, and his father-Cade Henry- wouldn't want his family name to be tainted by an outsider. Mia's words, not mine.

Long story short: Mia has moved in with me, and thank goodness, my aunt's back in town. She knows how sensitive the situation is with Mia and she welcomed her with open arms.

As for me, I choose to believe that I somehow separated Mia from Chase, and yet I still can't separate Chase entirely from her. Given her baby, I bet she'll never be fully over him. Not until... the day arrives.

I went downstairs after taking a shower. My aunt had prepared breakfast for three and I gulped taking in the delicious waffles in front of me.

"Good Morning." Aunt Lucille smiled brightly at me. "You didn't change into your uniform?"

Despite showering, I was still in last night's clothes. I didn't plan on going to school today for two reasons: I wasn't prepared for physics test and I didn't wanted to face Chase Henry today out of all the days.

"I don't feel like going today...."

Aunt Lucille frowned. "You must attend school, Luna. And I got a phone call from your ballet teacher saying that you're not attending the classes anymore and what about 'building home' project? Is that still on or you don't feel like doing anything."

"Geez!" I exclaimed at my non-stop nagging. "Slow down a little. If you want me to go I'll go."

"Good."