(Andy+Rye+Brook+Jack+Sonny)

Warning!-Emotional content ahead, read at your own risk!!
-
-|Dean Lewis - Waves|-

There is a swelling storm
And I'm caught up in the middle of it all
And it takes control
Of the person that I thought I was
The boy I used to know

Darkness swells inside me like a raging storm. It's overwhelming and I feel trapped. It slowly takes control of me, day by day. I had always thought that I had known who I was all along, but I realize that I only think I know who I used to be.

But there, is a light
In the dark, and I feel its warmth
In my hands, and my heart
Why can't I hold on?

"Andy, babe, were going out. Do you wanna come with?" I could hear Rye's voice, I could see his silhouette through a clouded vision of tears.

As strange as it sounds, he seemed to be glowing. His features were bright and colorful, even through my darkened gaze. I wanted to reach out, hold onto him, keep every little piece of him close to me, but I can't get a good grip. His hand grazes mine and sends a warm, fuzzy feeling throughout me, but then it's gone, and I'm left alone again.

It comes and goes in waves
It always does, it always does
We watch as our young hearts fade
Into the flood, into the flood

The warmth returns again, stronger this time. It's so intense that I can practically feel it burning my skin, but I don't care, anything is better than the ice cold it was beforehand. I see them all there, all glowing magnificent, bright golden shades, but I can't reach them. I reach my arm out, hoping to grasp onto one of them, and for just a moment, I feel the touch of each of their skin against my own, before it's gone again. I watch their light fade away, their warmth turns back to coldness and I'm, once again, left in a dark cloud of loneliness, sorrow, hatred, all swimming around me, getting dangerously too close, like sharks in the ocean.

The freedom, of falling
A feeling I thought was set in stone
It slips through, my fingers
I'm trying hard to let go

I start to feel myself slip away, letting the darkness start to consume me. I wore myself out trying to stay afloat, away from the demons just below me, but it seems they had finally won. Hands grab onto me, trying to pull me back, but I'm too far gone. I don't want to be saved now, I want to let go.

It comes and goes in waves
And carries us away

The darkness fully consumes me, swarming around in waves of angry black, blues, and grays. But it soon fades, and I'm left with a familiar, yet so distant, scene.

Through the wind
Down to the place we used to lay when we were kids
Memories, of a stolen place
Caught in the silence
An echo lost in space

A gust of wind carries me down the hill and up the ladder, into the treehouse we called our own. There they all were, sitting around in a circle, arms around each other and tears staining cheeks. They were young, young enough to still be in school. The confusion crosses my face as to why they're like this, we never did this when we were kids. And where was I? The warmth inside me returned again as they all looked up, realizing I was there. They jumped up, excited, but as their tiny arms flew around me, I was gone. The last sound that echoed through my mind, overpowering the rush of wind, was the soft yells for me, my name: Andy.

It comes and goes in waves
It always does, it always does
We watch as our young hearts fade
Into the flood, into the flood

I'm finally back home again, standing in my room, looking at my bed and the guitars hung on the wall. The darkness fades to allow me to see the rest of it, and I smile, turning to the pictures of us all together, happy. One by one, the pictures start to flicker before fading to dust. My body feels heavy, a piece of me fades away along with every disappearing object in the, now, empty room, until the very last object, the very first picture taken in the treehouse with all of us together, fades away, and I join it.

The freedom, of falling
A feeling I thought was set in stone
It slips through, my fingers
I'm trying hard to let go

I feel the overwhelming rush as I fall again. The darkness now completely black, no dimension. I don't have any emotions, they faded away with my physical form and I'm left just a drained soul falling into an endless abyss of blackness. I let myself go.

It comes and goes in waves
And carries us away

One last wave of darkness hits me, hard, until everything is gone. I jolt upright, finally having control over my body again. I come to my senses, the first being touch. I can feel hands and breath and bodies. Then sound. I hear voices and whispers and my own heavy, labored breathing. The third sense I finally regain is sight. I see them gathered around me. The first one I see is Rye, because he's right in front of me, my hand in his, his eyes looking into mine. I see Brook to my right, his cheeks are slightly shiny and his hands are shaky on my thigh. Jack is to my left, a strong, steady grip around my waist, his eyebrows knitted together in worry and concentration. The last person I see is Sonny. I'm in his lap, his arms wrapped around me almost too tight, but I don't care. His breath is hitting my ear softly and his eyes are shining with emotions so strong that I was almost scared.

When I'm finally mostly calm, I can tell they all want answers as to what had happened just as much as I did.

I watched my wild youth
Disappear in front of my eyes
Moments of magic and wonder
It seems so hard to find

"Everything disappeared. I was gone, but you were all still there. I saw everything disappear right in front of me, even all of you at one point. Everything turned to dust. Good memories turned into horrible ones that I was ripped away from. I-I think I d-died." Sobs overtook me as I couldn't find the right words to describe the nightmare I had lived and realization of what had happened hit me.

Is it ever coming back again?
Take me back to the feeling when
Everything was left to find

But they were there this time. They comforted me and held me and let me cry. Never once did they complain about their interruption of sleep. They did the best they could to calm me down, and if it was anyone else other than those four, I would have been a lost cause.

It comes and goes in waves
It always does, oh it always does
The freedom, of falling
A feeling I thought was set in stone
It slips through, my fingers
I'm trying hard to let go
It comes and goes in waves
And carries us away

Darkness, a thing that overtook me felt like it would last forever, never subside and never go away. But it did. And I know that it will come and go in waves, but I know that I am strong enough to get through it, with the help of those most special to me.

~

-|Shoot, I'm kinda scared to post this. Just saying, I love Mikey so much and he will continue to be in my stories and oneshots, but I would also like to welcome Sonny into my works because I really like him and I think he will do well with the boys. I think they are making some really important decisions for the future right now and I think we all need to take a breather and trust them. We trust the boys with a lot of things, right? So why wouldn't we trust them with this? Anyways, I hope you guys like this🖤|-