*34*

Jimin

---
Jimin lay anxiously on the medical bed, twiddling his thumbs. A woman opened the door and gave him a sweet smile. Jimin sat up and tried to reciprocate the smile. She sat down in her chair and typed some things down her laptop. Looking back up at Jimin, she smiled again.

"Hello Jimin-si, I'm Son Miyu. I'm going to be your obstetrician throughout your pregnancy. I'll be with you every step of the way, and I'm here if you have any questions or concerns."

"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Son," she typed some more things on her laptop before unraveling some equipment.

"First off, we'll be taking a look at your baby's heartbeat to make sure that nothing is out of the ordinary, and then we're gonna take a look to make sure everything is going normally." Jimin nodded his head and took a deep breath.

"Alright"

"But before we get into anything, I'm just going to ask you a few routine questions about you, what you know about your pregnancy, etc.. Is that okay?" He nodded once again.

After a handful of questions of when he believes the baby was conceived, any records of birth complications within the family that he knew of, and more, Dr. Son put away her laptop.

"Okay, now, any questions before we get started?" Jimin shook his head no.

"Alright, so I'm just going to have you lie down and we'll begin right away." He sucked in a quick breath in attempts to soothe his nerves, but he was finding it quite difficult.

"Okay, so the gel's going to be a little warm at first but it'll cool down after a bit, and the pressure may cause you to be kind of uncomfortable" Jimin nodded his head, sucking his lips into his mouth. "Just let me know if it begins to hurt too much"

She smiled reassuringly before applying the gel to Jimin's barely swollen stomach. Spreading the gel around, she turned to look at the monitor the device was attached to. Pressing a button, the sound of rapid and sporadic thumps resonated around the room.

"W-what's that?" She smiled at Jimin's innocence, and turned to face him.

"That, is your babies' heartbeats." Jimin fought back tears, grinning like a madman, not fully comprehending her words.

"O-oh my God" he cupped his mouth, squinting his eyes to avoid the tear-shed. "I-is it normal for it to sound like that??"

She laughed softly and nodded her head, slightly adjusting the transducer (the thing they use for ultrasounds against the tummy) against his stomach.

"It's completely fine, especially since there's actually two heartbeats" Jimin brought his hands away from his face to grin at her, his brain completely shutting off temporarily before boosting back on at full power, causing his eyes to triple in size, and him to drop his jaw in a comical manner.

"hUh??"

Miyu giggled quietly before turning the monitor so that Jimin could also see the screen.

With her free hand, she pointed to a blob that slightly resembled a baby.

"This is baby number one. There's its head and its body," letting the tears flow free, Jimin choked on a sob and cupped his mouth again.

Moving the transducer to the left side of his stomach, she pointed to a very similar looking image, just at a different angle, and slightly different in size.

"And this is baby number two" Jimin bit his lip, trying to contain his squeals and rush of emotions. "And from what we can see and hear, they are both developing perfectly and are meeting their growth milestones."

After printing out two copies of the twins, one for himself and hopefully for Jungkook, he listened to Miyu ramble on for a little longer, talking about things like what he should and shouldn't do, foods to eat, etc..

Bidding goodbye, Jimin stood outside of the clinic and stared at the images in his hand, his heart swelling immensely.

"I promise to love both of you guys with all of my being. I'll take care of you" Holding the pictures close to his chest, Jimin looked up to the sky and smiled.

soon. i'll let him know soon.