Overwhelmed 🌺

this is my favorite oneshot so please enjoy 😂

Third person
"please look at me," Rye begged, trying to get brook to look at him.

brook looked down at his feet, scared of what rye had to say.

"baby, i'm just disappointed," rye continued, going over and sitting by him.

"i'm...im trying, i really am," brook choked.

"i know you are baby, i know you are," rye replied, running his hands through brooks hair.

there was a tear that ran down brooks face but rye wasn't able to see it before he wiped it away.

"i'll be in my room if you need me baby," rye said softly as he stood up and went to the kitchen door, taking one last look as emotional boyfriend before stepping out of the kitchen and going to his room.

~
later on around 11:30pm rye heard his bedroom door open, thinking it was his brother trying to ask him a question but he was wrong when he saw his boyfriend climb in his bed.

he threw the covers back and welcomed his boyfriend in his bed with open arms.

"i...i didn't think you'd understand," brook whispered, slipping under the covers.

"brooky," rye whispered soflty

brook clenched his jaw as he got settled under the covers, trying his best to understand that rye understood

"can i hug you? im not talking about a side hug, im talking about a real one and showing you i care, i dont hate you and i dont want to break up with you, i love you brooklyn and i hope you know that. im just disappointed and i hope you  dont do it again," rye said as brook allowed him to hug him.

and thats when brooklyn broke down.

rye took in a deep breath, pulling brook closer as he felt the tears run down his exposed collar bone.

"baby, i dont know how i can convince you that im not mad, you explained yourself and i believe you, we're so madly in love i dont think you would ever intentionally cheat," rye said, kissing the top of brooks head softly.

"i...i...h-he ju-" brook felt the need to justify himself but rye shushed him.

"from my point of view where i was sitting, it looked like you went off with him but now i have the full story you dont need to justify yourself or justify what he did to you," rye replied.

"i...i want to believe you, i really do but i just can't," brook sobbed, trying his best to compose himself.

"it'll take time to come to terms with what happened to you but i can reassure you that i'll be here for you EVERY step of the way," Rye said, finally covering both of the boys up and as brook finally calmed down.

"i feel disgusting rye, i thought everything would be with you and it'd passionate and caring but instead it was taken from me," brook said.

"i know baby, i didnt think that would be taken away with us but i can tell you when we do, i'll be sure you love every single moment of it, you'll be happy you're mine," rye replied, nuzzling his nose against brooks neck, causing him to giggle.

"i love you rye, i really do," brook said before cuddling up to rye and falling asleep.

sorry for this sad-ish one shot as it reflects my mood and things for me haven't been good especially when its a trigger and im also stressed because all of the state i live in is currently under this huge tornado warning so yeah

i originally intended to have brook commit suicide so if you want me to add that alternative ending in then let me know and i'll do it.

palsyotfs dont go changin
jj 💘