pen pal 🌺

•rye beaumont•
as he let me on, i was nervous glad a friend was there but he was also a worker but as i stepped into the eye, he turned around, smiled and held out his hand.

"hi," i whispered, tears welding up in my eyes.

"hi," he said as he took my hand.

"it's so good to finally see you," i whispered, my nerves going away and my confidence coming in.

"it's great to see you too," he replied, pulling me close as the london eye moved up.

~
one year earlier
"hey! so i have this friend that really wants to cross having a pen pal off of his bucket list, so i thought maybe you guys could start talking?" andy asked as he ran up to me as class got out.

i gave him a side glance, not sure of what i should do.

"how old is he?" i asked.

"he's 22 so literally only 3 years older then you, besides i know you like older men," any whispered in my ear.

i turned around and smacked him, turning away before he could see me blush.

"oh come on, it'll be fun and maybe you'll come out of it with something more. he's a genuine guy who loves life and has a big heart, you may have gotten hurt before but i think it's time for you to do something out of your comfort zone," andy said as he tossed me the keys to his car.

i rolled my eyes not really wanting to drive but i bared with it.

"i don't know, i'm not good with people," i replied, throwing my stuff in the car before getting into the drivers side.

i looked at andy as he got in.

"what?" he asked.

"what's his address?" i asked, giving in because curiosity got the best of me.

he smiled as he wrote down the address and gave it to me.

"i hope this turns into something because i've been trying to get you guys to go on a blind date but you've refused," andy said, shaking his head as he giggled.

"well i don't wanna date anyone right now, i'm still not ready," i replied, looking down at the guys address.

"you don't have to be ready but just talk to him, please? for me," andy said as he gave me his puppy dog eyes.

i sighed.

"you win," i said.

~
1, january, 2018

hi, i don't know how to formally start this as i don't know your name but, hi. andy told me you want to cross pen paling off of your bucket list?

i'm rye if you wanted to know, i'm not the most important person on earth and i'm not very entertaining but i'm looking forward to talking to you!

-beaumont

7, january, 2018
hi rye! i'm glad andy managed to find me a pen pal even though people think i'm some kind of freak but i'm not aha, i just wanted to know what it's like to pen pal, i've always found it interesting! i'm mikey by the way. i'm looking forward to talking
-cobban

as mikey and i talked more and more over the year we got deep into the conversations and the letters for longer and longer, our personal lives were told and it seemed more heart to heart then it would have over text, all i know is mikey is real and he lives in bristol while i live here in scotland and both of which are far away from each other.