Last One - Act 1, Scene 3

Start from the beginning

Joe: Who cares why she did it, that was then. Adele just go talk some sense into her please for the love of god!

Adele: Jeez, okay, okay, but chill out Joe, it's only hair after all.

Adele walks up the stairs

Joe: Fucks sake.

Ethan: Dude chill out.

Joe: I am, I am. I'm calm.

Adele knocks on Demi's bathroom door

Adele: Dem? It's me, can I come in?

Demi: Yeah.

Demi had cut her shoulder length hair into a buzzcut (had shaved it all off)

Adele: Woah.

Demi: It's bad right? Ugh I knew it was too much.

Adele: No, no, it looks really good, suits you.

Demi: Thanks. God knows what Joe's gonna say.

Adele: He's not gonna take it well you know that right?

Demi: Oh yeah no I didn't think he would, but I'm done caring about his opinion.

Adele: Good for you Dem.

Adele makes her way back downstairs

Joe: Where is she then? So much for you helping.

Demi walks down the stairs

Demi: I'm right here dipshit. Leave her alone.

Ethan spits out his drink in shock

Joe: Dem...what did you do!

Demi: Unbelievable. Instead of asking if I'm okay after I ran off, you just shout more.

Joe: Because you just shaved all your fucking hair off without giving any warning! How do you think I'm going to react!

Demi: If you listened to me more, then you would know that I do this kinda thing to cope. I told you that before. But no, you didn't 'find out' until Adele told you today. You don't even know me anymore.

Joe: I do know you. I just didn't know this! You can't flip out like this just because one thing has gone to shit in your life. If I did that what would you say to me. You're changing too much Dem!

Demi: At least I'm trying to change! You're the same person you were three years ago.

Joe: Maybe I don't wanna change! Yeah I have coping mechanisms but at least mine don't make me unrecognisable.

Demi: Yeah whatever it is makes you bitchy instead. And you told me you'd changed. That's why I said I'd date you. But you lied to me. Again.

Joe: Why did you do this Dem?

Demi: I needed a change.

Joe: Surely that's not the only reason.

Demi: Why then? If you know me so well, why do you think I shaved it all off?

Joe: How should I know!? Fucks sake, you expect me to know everything, it's ridiculous.

Demi: I actually can't believe you.

Joe: Well sorry I don't understand your complex way of dealing with shit!

Demi: You never even tried to understand.

Joe: I did Dem, I really really did. I did like your hair when you got it done but it'll take ages to grow back now, not that that even matters anymore. Seriously though why did you do this? Did you do it to piss me off, or your parents? Dem I don't get it.

Demi: I can't fucking take it anymore. You and your opinions about every fucking thing in my life, I'm sick of it.

Joe: Come on Dem really? I'm trying to understand you here.

Demi: What? Are you gonna give me a measly apology and rely on that to fix everything? Cause it won't. I can't do this anymore, I can't.

Joe: I never said that that would fix it all. Just calm down, you're overwhelmed.

Demi: Actually Joe, I'm not. I'm fine. You wouldn't know that though would you.

JoeSure you're totally fine. But just think for a minute before you say what I think you're going to say.

Demi: I have Joe, I've thought everything through! And it doesn't end well in any situation. So I...I think we should break up.

Joe: No Dem, come on please. Don't do that to me Dem, please. I'm sorry, you're right, it's only hair, I'll get over it. Sorry won't make it better I know, but it was one fight Dem, come on. This is ridiculous.

Demi: Yeah well... (holding back tears)

Joe sighs in disbelief, clenching his fists, he walks out of Demi's house.