Chapter Thirty-Four

When I woke up the next morning I was confused. I woke up in a room with dark green walls, a bed with Slytherin green sheets and a black comforter. It was then I realized that I was in Draco's room, and only felt a slight bit of relief that I wasn't back in the dungeon. I looked across the room and saw he was still asleep on his black leather couch, his left arm dangling over the edge.

I could see the dark mark clearly from where I sat. The small yet ominous mark was such a telling of what was to come for me. I would bare that mark by the days end, and no longer would freedom be in my  vocabulary. I would have to do whatever Voldemort requested of me no matter how heinous the act may be. It wasn't something that was on the top of my list of things to do, but whatever kept my family safe at least until I could figure something else out.

I felt a bit more like myself once I washed the stench of the dungeon off of my skin, and realizing I didn't have any other clothing I stole a pair of Draco's boxers and a white t-shirt. "Those look good on you" I heard a voice mumbled from behind me. I had been standing at Draco's dresser combing through my hair with my fingertips. 

Draco was half awake smirking at me through his sleepy stupor. "Shut up" I grumbled. I braided my hair that had grown significantly since being taken, and even tied up it almost reached my bottom. 

"I didn't have anything else to wear" I told him and took a seat on the cold leather couch across from him. He stretched it arms above his head and sat up so he could fully talk to me. 

"Does it hurt?" I asked, looking down at the mark that rested against his pale skin. He sighed before stroking it gently with his fingertips. "Yeah, a lot" he answered. 

We sat in comfortable silence for a while before a knock sounded on the other side of the door. "Draco, it's your mother" a soft voice called out through the thick mahogany door. Draco sighed before standing and unlocking the door with a flick of his wand.

The woman i saw from the table last night wandered through, looking just as tired and frail as I took notice before. Draco looked just like her. The same bright blonde hair and steely grey eyes looked over at me from across the room. 

"Hello Alisanna, I think this might fit you dear" She said softly. She walked over to me with a pile of fabric resting in her arms. She held it up for me to get a better look. It was a beautiful black lace dress that looked to fall above the knee. "Thank you" I whispered and gently took the dress from her. It was then I realized just how much I missed my own mother, and had to try hard to keep my emotions at bay.

"I'm Narcissa, please let me know if you need anything else" she gave me a timid smile, placed a gentle kiss on Draco's cheek before wandering back into the hall -- shutting the door behind her. 

"Are you alright Ali?" I heard Draco ask. I guess I had been staring down at the dress in my hands, and hadn't realized that my own eyes deceived me and had let tears stream down my cheeks. I wiped them quickly away before nodding my head. "Yeah, I'm fine" I said before stomping over to the bathroom and slamming the door behind me.

I sunk back against the expensive door before I fell to the ground. This was just too much for me, so much has happened and I don't even know if Voldemort would keep his word and not harm my family. I would be branded and be in the company with nothing but death eaters for the end of my days. 

I spent over an hour telling myself to get it together. I had to keep my composure if I wanted to survive what was to come. The Dark Lord might not do what he said he would, but the mere thought that he would was what pulled me off of the bathroom floor and kept my tears exactly where they should be -- non-existent. 

Draco was wearing a midnight black suit with a matching tie when i emerged from his bathroom. Voldemort and everyone around him seemed to gravitate towards wearing black around him. Black, the color of his soul....if had actually has one that is. 

"Well let's do this shall we" I sighed as Draco offered up his arm for me to take. I raised my eyebrows at him before looking back to his arm that he was still waiting for me to take. "Really?" I asked with a chuckle. Where were we? In the eighteenth century, where men were gallant gentlemen that the ladies relied on for everything? I'm an American, the most gentlemanly thing someone ever did for me was not let a door slam into my face on my way to potions. Now that was romance.

"Just take my damn arm Ali, it's my duty to escort you to this" Draco said in exasperation as he reached down and grabbed my hand, forcing it into the crook of his arm. "Fine" I grumbled and let him lead me back down to the dining hall I was in the night before.

The table was now gone, yet all the followers were still there. They were all standing around the edges of the room. I feel like I was about to be initiated into some illegal cult, like we would all pass around a spiked glass of pumpkin juice and hail Voldemort until we all hit the ground at his feet. I snorted at the thought.

"Something funny, dear?" Voldemort asked as he appeared from the shadows. 

"Nothing, your Majesty" I said and bowed my head, earning a elbow to the side by Draco. "Ass" I mumbled and rubbed my side as I abandoned Draco to go be with his parents. Voldemort ignored my comment and smirked before beckoning me into the center of the room.

"It is time Alisanna, for you to become a loyal follower to me. And me alone" 

"Yeah, yeah I get the gist" I said waving my hand in the air "Get on with it then" I said shoving my left arm out to him.

"I admire you so much Alisanna. You will be great here, you were made for this." I continued my look of boredom, while on the inside I wanted to scratch his eyes out and light him on fire. 

"Anything you want to say before I begin?" He asked.

"You hurt anyone I care about, and I will kill every last one of your followers and smile as I watch you fall" 

Voldemort's smile widened before he gripped my arm in his hand so tightly I thought it would break. "You will be perfect here, Alisanna Soloria" he said before he pointed his wand at my arm, and the pain began...