Chapter Twenty-Nine

My fingers were freezing as I made my way to the Hogs Head pub in Hogsmeade. Hermione arranged for all of us to meet to create this secret club for Harry and I to teach defensive spells, I wasn't even positive anyone was even coming. I blew some hot air into my hands and rubbed them together before pushing my way into the empty pub. Harry and Ron were with me and we just lazily took some seats at the front of the pub and waited until someone showed up.

Hermione of course walked in a few second after we did, followed by Ginny and the twins who brought along my sisters, all of them taking seats in the back of the room. I think that was just so my sisters and the twins could make out without anyone noticing, I gagged at the thought. I was surprised by the amount of people who came to this. Dean, Neville, Seamus, The Patil twins, Cho Chang, Luna Lovegood and several others were quick to walk through the doors. 

I was even more shocked when I saw my brother strut his way into the pub. "Damian!" I exclaimed and hugged my brother tightly. "I'm not late am I?" He asked. I heard the chatter in the pub quiet down almost immediately when they noticed my brother.

"He's a Slytherin!" I heard shouted out by more than one person. I immediately glared to whoever I made eye contact with. "And?" I asked, with raised eyebrows. Everyone in the pub seemed to avoid my eye contact, looking at the ceiling, their shoes, each other, just whatever they could look at that wasn't me. 

"Just because my brother's in Slytherin, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be here!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms across my chest. Sure Draco and some of the other Slytherins were nasty and really gave in to their houses dirty reputation. But Damian was different, and he was nothing but kind to everyone from every house, I mean me and my sisters were all spread out across Hogwarts, he really had no choice. 

"It's fine Ali, if they don't want me here I can leave" Damian said, pulling his coat tighter around him. I grabbed his arm making him stop walking for the door. "No Damian, No me" I said. "And we all know I'm the strongest person in here" I said with a smirk as I flicked my wrist and everyone's chairs were instantly hovering in the air. Andi and Aurora only laughed, they were used to me doing this to them over the summer. 

"Fine, he can stay!" Micheal Corner called out, he was trying his hardest not to fall out of his chair that was reaching close to the ceiling. "I know he can, it wasn't up to you" I said glaring at him. I normally was a very pleasant person, very easy to get along with. But when you started threatening the people I love, the claws started to come out. I flicked my hand and all the chairs came tumbling back down to the ground. 

"Well that's one way to get their attention" Harry said when I walked up to the front of the room with him, Damian had taken a seat next to Luna who seemed rather intrigued by him....but then again she was intrigued by everything. I shrugged and turned to Harry, Ron and Hermione who were looking at me expectantly. "What? I have to run the meeting too?" i asked. Harry only started playing with his jacket, while Ron smiled. Hermione rolled her eyes and pushed past me to talk to the room.

"Alright we all know why were here, Umbridge is a monster and i'm afraid Ali might kill her if we don't put a stop to this" Hermione said. I glared at her and huffed before crossing my arms across my chest, I wasn't going to kill Umbridge....today. 

"So we all need someone to teach us defence against the dark arts, someone who has had experience" she said, glancing over to Harry and I. We looked to each other before sheepishly both raising our hands. "Like we can really believe them" Micheal Corner said once more. I really wish someone could just throw him out of the meeting already. 

"Look I faced Voldemort myself, the bastard is definitely back" I said placing my boots up onto the table. "Ali!" My sisters called out at the same time, they were like my mother and seemed to never approve of cursing around them. Damian however really didn't care and was smirking at me from the front of the room. "What? the guy tried to kill me" I said shrugging my shoulders in defence. Harry coughed and nudged me from my right. "Oh yeah, he tried to kill Harry too" I added with a wave of my hand.

Harry chuckled beside me before leaning back in his chair with a groan. "Look you can either believe us or not, the bottom line is that Voldemort is coming and none of you are being taught how to fight him properly" I said.

"He's really back, isn't he?" Dean asked from Ginny's side. I opened my mouth to answer but Harry beat me to it. "Yes, he really is"

An hour later and we had everyone in the rooms signature. Harry, Hermione, Ron and I being the first ones on the list. I couldn't lie, it felt amazing to be rebelling against Umbridge and her nauseating toad face. I swear just her perfume alone could make me puke in my mouth without question. "This is pretty exciting isn't it? breaking the rules!" Hermione exclaimed as if reading my mind. We were all walking back to the school hoping to avoid a detention from Umbridge. She was handing them out like Halloween candy lately. 

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron asked jokingly. I was walking a little farther back with Damian and laughed along with the rest of them. 

"At least we know one good thing that came from today, Cho couldn't take her eyes off you" Hermione said to Harry. The smile was wiped off my face as I faltered in my steps and hung back from the rest of the group. I didn't understand how Harry could still be hung up on her, she was with Cedric last year and I'm sure wasn't over him yet. 

I fought the Dark Lord with him, slayed dragons and Grindelows. Why couldn't Harry see someone that loved him was right in front of him this whole time?