Chapter Five

Hogwarts is absolutely amazing! I don't know why I was worried so much about coming here. The food was incredible, the kind of food that would remind you of home. And almost immediately I was friends with all the people I had just met. Ron and Harry had finally warmed up to me and weren't nervously staring at their shoes. I got really close with Ron's sister , Ginny— as we both were obsessed with quidditch and also Ron's twin brothers, who a couple of times made me laugh so hard water shot out of my nose.

Damian, who was sitting at his table in front of ours, seemed to be having an equally good time. He was talking with Draco mostly and both seemed to be eyeing some girls at the opposite of their table. They were joking around with a couple boys that sat in front of them and I was glad he was enjoying himself.

The twins on the other hand were a different story. I saw them constantly try and steal glances from one another, and even with people around them trying to converse they seemed too interested in trying to communicate together. 

 At our old school there were no houses, it was basically like a muggle college where you had one room mate and wandered around campus to get to wherever you needed. The twins were of course roommates and had all of their classes together, so I'm sure being separated like this was like a punch in the gut.

"What position do you play Ali?" Harry asked beside me as we all started digging into our desserts. 

There was literally any kind of desert you could imagine sitting in front of us. Cakes, and tarts and like twenty different kinds of cookies. I knew Damian was in heaven, as I saw he had five pieces of cake on his plate.

 "Oh, I play chaser, just like my dad," I answered with a proud smile.

 "Your dad plays quidditch?" Ron asked me with his mouth full.

I giggled as a few pieces of cake fell out of his mouth, and Hermione whacked him over the head. I learned finally that Hermione and Harry were actually just really good friends, not together like I had thought.

 "He used to, He was on the American National Quiditch team.But then he got injured, and now he works at the ministry." I told everyone, as most of them were intently listening when I talked. Seamus Finnigan was a cute Irish boy who was obsessed with my accent, so that was probably the reason he was staring at me.

"That's brilliant!" Harry exclaimed and smiled at me.

 "I can't wait to try out for your team this year!" I exclaimed, "I can't survive without quidditch."  

"ATTENTION!" Dumbledore yelled from the front of the great hall, causing everyone to go silent.

 I leaned against my elbows and made a crazy face at Damian, who just returned it. I smiled at my older brother before turning to the older man at the front of the room. "This year, there will be no inter house quidditch cup!" He yelled, and I felt my smile fall off of my face, as playing on a team again was one of the only things I was looking forward to. 

 "What!" Harry yelled at the same time as many others.

"Rubbish!" Called Fred and George. 

Damian gave me a questioning look that returned. Dumbledore raised his hands and everyone immediately quited down again. "This year, Hogwarts will be hosting the legendary competition known as the Tri-Wizard tournament!" He called out, soon enough the students who were upset about quidditch being cancelled were excited once more. 

A short balding man with a dark mustache soon appeared beside him at the podium. "I am the head of magical law enforcement and for this competition no wizard under the age of seventeen will be permitted to enter." He said over the disappointed students who were moaning and calling out complaints. 

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore boomed and everyone was finally shushed.

"I don't know about you guys, but I have no interest in this sort of thing," I said playing with a string hanging off the end of my sleeve.

 "Me either, I get enough attention as it is." Harry said glancing down at his plate. I gently patted his arm in comfort and gave him a reassuring smile, that he soon returned. 

"Well, we have a few tricks up our sleeve to get entered." Fred and George exclaimed rubbing their hands together as if they were plotting world domination. 

"Good luck with that guys." I laughed

"Tomorrow evening at precisely seven o'clock, the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving, so please treat them as your fellow classmates and with some respect." Dumbledore said, glancing at the Slytherin table as he spoke. I looked over to see Draco looking my way, I just scrunched my nose at him before resting my head back in my hands and turning back towards Harry.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly as I noticed a gloomy aura that hung around him.  He just glanced up and nodded his head once, attempting a smile that fell flat.  Dinner soon was finished and everyone in the great hall was dispersed heading to their different common rooms.

"Holy crap, is our common room on the roof or something?" I said as we were walking up our fifth flight of stairs.

 "Close to it" George answered, leaning back against the railing as we waited for the moving staircase to land above us.

 "So what's your favorite subject, Ali?" Asked Hermione. 

"Quiditch" I smiled, earning a laugh from those around me.

"I knew we liked her for a reason!" Ron chuckled, earning a nod from Harry. 

 "But other that that, probably Defense against the dark arts." I said as we ended our walk at a portrait of a fat woman with grapes plastered on her head.

Someone ahead of our group said the password and we all clambered in one after the other through the small opening in the wall. I was surprised walking into our common room as it looked so similar to our living room at home. My mother loved red, and the red velvety couches reminded my so much of home.

 I got bumped into from behind and someone fell on top of me, "Sorry," They moaned and I saw it was Harry who had landed on me.

 "Falling for me already?" I said stealing the line Draco used on me before. Harry just blushed and quickly jumped ot his feet before running after Ron up some stairs.

"Why is he so weird?" I asked to no one in particular. 

"Don't worry about Harry, I think you make him nervous." Came Hermione, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. I smiled before following her up to our dorm. Our dorm was nice, I was rooming with Hermione, and two girls that reminded me of my sisters —Lavender and Parvati.

For the third night in a row I had the terrifying dream of the haunting pale white man. He sported blood red eyes that seemed to bore into my entire soul. Only this time I was hovering over someone I couldn't quite see, and they seemed to be in pain. I could see my hand hovering above their body, their body that flailed in pain. And when the life suddenly left their eyes, is when I was jolted awake, a haunting premonition that I hoped to never see again.