Chapter Thirteen

On the day before the dance, the school was buzzing in excitement. The Great Hall was filled with students, wandering between tables and discussing plans for the evening. I hadn't been too excited in the beginning, but even I couldn't deny some of the exuberance had become contagious. 

"Who are you two going with?" Ron asked, through a mouth full of food. I wrinkled my nose at the sight before looking down to my plate. 

"It's a surprise." Hermione muttered for me, not taking her eyes off of her book.

 "Why cant you tell us? We're your best friends." Ron shrugged. Harry seemed as equally intrigued as to who we were going with, but didn't push the subject. 

"We're girls, we like to make an entrance, right mione?" I said nudging her shoulder with mine. 

"Oh yes." She said, closing her book and stuffing it in her school bag. I don't think she even heard me.

 "Now you two will just find out tomorrow" I said before following after her. 

Classes were cancelled the next day so students could get ready for the ball, I didn't understand why someone would need the entire day to get ready, but who was I to question day of no classes?

 Fred and George were beyond excited for tonight, they were going to the dance with my sisters. And I'm sure the only way the four of them will be able to tell each other apart tonight was by the colors on their ties.

 Andi was going with George, and she was wearing a yellow dress, with spaghetti straps, it was long and silky and brought out her blonde hair. George of course got a school bus yellow tie to match. Aurora was going with Fred and was wearing a royal purple gown that poofed out at the end, it reminded me of a princess and was so gorgeous. Fred's tie matched as well of course.

Since all the girls in my dorm showered earlier in the day I took my opportunity to take mine now. It was around five o'clock now giving me plenty of time to be ready for a dance that started at seven. I took a long shower, scrubbing every inch of my body with my new strawberry scented body wash. I remember Draco saying it was his favorite fruit one time, so I thought he would like it even if I wasn't really trying to impress him, Harry likes strawberry too.

Hermione was sitting at the vanity doing her makeup when I walked into the room, a towel around my sopping wet hair. Her normally frizzy brown hair was tamed and put up in an elegant up do, her makeup was subtle enough to not overdo it, but had enough to bring out her prominent features—she looked amazing.

 "Wow you look beautiful Mione." I said as she set down her eye liner onto the table.

"Thanks, you look under dressed." She said laughing as I was still in my bathrobe.

 "Doesn't take me long to get ready." I shrugged, tossing my towel onto her bed that was beside me. I cast a quick drying spell on my hair, and it was soon dried in its normal waves down past my shoulders. 

I cast another spell making my hair magically do itself, it was in an intricate up do with a few strands curled around my face. I opted to do my makeup by hand as I felt I could get it to look better that way. Hermione slipped away from the vanity to slip her dark blue dress on, allowing me access to our makeup. I did a simple brown smokey eye to bring out my green eyes, and some blush, nothing too extravagant, but I did look good. 

I waited about thirty minutes until I slipped my dress on, knowing me I would have messed it up putting it on too early. Hermione and I made idle chit chat until she headed down to the common room and I slipped my gown on. It fit like a glove, and even though I didn't have the largest chest to fill it out, this dress definitely made me look like I did. I was already tall, and my heels made me even taller It was a good thing Draco wasn't short or we would look a bit awkward together.