11

"What are you planning for your birthday this year sweet girl?" My father asked, our weekly Skype calls were my favorite and something we had done since I moved out here.

"Yeah what he said. We miss you baby girl it's been a while since you came back home; you already know that one week you didn't answer our calls I was about to go out there and kick some ass." My mother said, looking at her was like looking a mirror of what I would probably look like when I was older, everyone called me her twin the only thing I inherited from my daddy was the nose, eyes, and chill personality.

"I'm not sure I haven't really thought about it probably just a nice dinner."

"Good no need we'll be coming to rednecktopia to visit you for a couple of days." I looked at the scream wide, my parents hated small towns and never understood why I wanted to move to one. "Close your mouth child, I know what I said but you are my only child and the least we can do is come out to visit you."

"I'm sorry! I'm excited I can't wait for you to meet Thomas and Th- the rest of the Shaws." I stopped myself from saying Thor, I'm sure he wasn't going to come to the dinner I was now going to plan.

My parents looked at me knowingly ever since I was young they could always tell when I was withholding information, but since becoming an adult they didn't try to push me to tell them. Now they just waited until I told them because we were so close I didn't like keeping things from them anyway.

"We can't wait to visit you, baby girl, even if we have to go to that podunk town. They ain't ready for me." My mother said, "Now go get some rest you gotta work tomorrow doesn't matter if your man is the boss you still need to be there on time."

"Yes ma'am. Good night love you both."

"Love you too baby see you in a couple of weeks." My dad said before hanging up. I sighed happily kicking my legs in the air. I was so excited to be seeing my parents in person again I missed them every day and I knew seeing them would be the breath of fresh air I needed. Growing up I was always surrounded by love. My parents were happily married, never argued in front of me, and showed me nothing but respect even when I was 10 and wanted to stop doing beauty pageants they accepted that and let me do hobbies I was actually interested in. Even when directly out of college when I wanted to move to some small unknown town they supported me even though they didn't understand it.

*******************

"Seriously babe don't worry my parents are going to love you." I tried to convince Thomas for the billionth time since telling him a week ago my parent were coming down. I understood somewhat because although I had met his parents before it was still weird being introduced as his girlfriend, luckily not changed with how they treated me but it was still nerve-wracking. The only difference was when I voiced my concerns about meeting them as his girlfriend, he told me not to worry and it calmed me but when I told him not to worry it seemed to make him more nervous.

"You keep saying that but it isn't helping. I mean at least you met my parents before so they knew you. Your parent don't know me at all what if they hate me?" Although his type A personality clashed with type C sometimes, we did work out really well most of the time some parts of our relationship reminded me of my parents. I was just getting a little tired trying to convince him everything was going to be okay, especially when it wasn't helping at all.

He kneeled in front of me "I'm sorry I know this isn't helping. I just want them to like me, I want to be in your life forever and I know how close you are to your parents, and if they don't like me I know you'll be conflicted." I sighed grabbing his hands he was right if my parents didn't like him it would stress me out.

"Love I get it I really do, but trust me as long as you are being true to yourself my parents will like you. Don't try to impress them just impress them with how you are normally, they will like you because you treat me well and you care about me." He nodded standing up and pulling me up with him, I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist looking up at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Thank you I know I've been a little crazy about this but I really want them to like me."

"They will, now can we please eat I'm starving and I was promised Thai food." he chuckled nodding.

**************

"What do you want for your birthday?" I looked over at Thor shocked that he remembered I had only mentioned it once when we first became friends 7 months ago. "Don't look so shocked back in the day I spent most of the time listening to you."

"I was sure it was all going in one ear and out the other, I mean you would just stare at me like I had shit on my face." He threw a pillow at my face as I laughed.

I watched as he rolled his eyes kicking up his lazy boy "I did not, I was just confused why this gorgeous woman was spending her Sundays with some man she didn't even know and I listened to everything you said. Now, what do you want for your birthday?" I swear every time Thor complimented me it threw me for a loop. I was still waiting for the day where he gave me a real smile and or laugh because I still only managed little grins and chuckles here and there, so the fact he was okay giving me full-on compliments was strange.

"I don't know. I mean I pretty much already got everything I need. I mean my parents are coming to town, I got my best friends, I got my man and most importantly I got Anderson. Isn't that right mommy's baby you are the most important." I smiled petting my doggo who I starting taking up the mountain with me after Thor came down and visited me, Anderson really liked Thor which was shocking because Anderson hated men; and my poor baby wasn't getting enough love since my life was now completely bulldozed by the new men that came into my life.

"Why do you keep talking to that rat like he's a person." Thor could pretend he hated Anderson all he wanted but what he couldn't deny was the number of times I caught him and Anderson napping together on the couch.

"He doesn't mean it Anderson he loves you so much. Anyway, I'm not sure what I want for my birthday. Seriously having my parents come down is a gift enough plus I get to have a fancy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, as long as I get my black forest gateau I'm good." I watched as Anderson hopped out of my lap walking to where Thor was sitting and hopped into his lap, I smirked when Thor did nothing to push him off.

He looked up at me innocently "What if I came to dinner?" I couldn't even hide my surprise my eyes went wide as saucers and mouth was hanging open.

"Ar-are-are you serious?" I stuttered out when I finally managed to pick my jaw off the ground.

"Yeah... I mean it's the least I can do after everything you've done for me, but I understand if you don't want me to."

"No!" I screamed causing Anderson to get scared and scamper off to the back room, "I mean yes I want you to come! Holy shit ball are you serious? Like seriously?" I jumped out of my seat excited at what I was hearing. "I mean I would love that but only if you really want to, I don't want you to feel like you HAVE to come. I mean I completely respect you and your wishes to not be around people."

"I want to Lottie..." He looked up at me and it was such an innocent childlike look, I couldn't help but hug him.

"I swear if at any point you get uncomfortable let me know so we can go."

"You can't leave your own party. Plus I'll be uncomfortable no matter what I haven't been around people in almost 25 years." He grinned patting my back awkwardly like he always whenever I hugged him.

"Like hell, I can't. Promise me if at any moment you get super uncomfortable you will let me know, it's my job as your best friend and the reason you are about to be surrounded by people; so promise me." I held out my pinkie, and he took it without a second thought.

"I promise. Now, what am I supposed to wear?"

"Don't you worry about that my friend I got your back!"

___________________________________________

A/N: Hope all is well with y'all. 

I've been dealing with some personal stuff and it has kept me from having any inspiration for this and all my other stories.