39

"I demand to see him!" I yelled as soon as I entered the police station. After Thor had been taken in a cop car, and Thomas in an ambulance the police had spent an hour questioning me in front of my house while my noisy neighbors looked on, I had to demand they take me to the hospital so that they could get the evidence from under my nails and check to make sure I didn't have a concussion, once I was released I rushed to the jail.

"Ma'am I advise you to leave," some young dumb-looking officer said and I flipped him off, I knew I was pushing it but I didn't care as I looked around for someone in charge.

"I advise you to tell me where the fuck is my boyfriend? I know you know who I'm talking about." I turned back to him with a smile on my face, the whole sugar vinegar debate rolling through my head, plus didn't feel like getting lit up in the station.

He stood up angrily "Ma'am I'm not going to tell you again, he has been detained and is under arrest for assault and attempted murder,"

"ATTEMPTED MURDER! Excuse me? He didn't attempt to murder anyone." I wanted to add if he wanted Thomas dead he would have been dead but I kept that to myself.

"Yes Charlotte attempted murder, my brother is in a coma right now fighting for his life." I turned to see Samuel and walked away from the useless baby officer.

"Boo fucking woo your brother shouldn't have been trying to rap-" I was cut off by Samuel grabbing my arm and pulling me into a room,

"Are you going to ra-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence and don't you DARE spread lies about my brother, he is a good honest man who is fighting for his life right now." He seethed spittle coming out as he talked,

I pulled my arm out of his grasp "I hope he loses that fight too! Fuck your brother, he is a piece of shit who broke into my house because his fragile feeling were hurt and tried to RAPE me! You know after I told him months ago about BEING RAPED you should remember he told you and you asked me about it. NO OFFENSE SAMUEL SHAW I DON'T GIVE TWO FUCKS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PIECE OF SHIT BROTHER! NOW LET ME SEE THOR NOW!" I screamed, I could feel the tears starting to sting my eyes once more.

Samuel looked at me with so much hatred I was scared he was going to hit me, and I probably should have stopped because he had a gun but I didn't care I kept going because I was tried.

"Your rapist brother cheated on me with a woman you hired, and when I RIGHTFULLY broke up with him he started calling me non-stop, stalking, and eventually that escalated to him breaking into my house and watching me have sex with my boyfriend WHICH THEN ESCALATED TO HIM TRYING TO RAPE ME. I get that hiding shit and not protecting victims is your family MO in this fucked up town but if you think I'm just going to walk out of here and not cause a scene you are out of your goddamn redneck mind!" I stepped up to him,

He took a step back putting his hand on his hip with a smile "And if we throw murder on him?"

"Excuse me! He didn't kill anyone" I laughed one of those dark cynical laughs.

"But didn't he? When my brother told me you got raped I did some diggin' and found that you had gon' into the same wood a certain group of degens liked to hunt ins." I tried to school my face, but I know it fell a little.

" yeah once we go to em' the animals and stuff had got to em' pretty good couldn't find any good evidence to point in the direction of who done it, and I thought well maybe you got the drop of em. I mean you did go sick around that time they went missing, and I thought well good riddance they were a bunch of drunk bastards anyway but now I'm thinking you might have had help."