28

'I doubt that'' my ass! The moment we arrived my mom gave me a little peck on the cheek before throwing herself into Thor's arm, she was acting like he was the one who flew out of her cooch and not me and I couldn't even be mad Thor deserved to feel the love of parent figures. We had been here for a couple of days now and my mom and dad were dotting on him as they did me, whenever he cleared his plate she made sure to feel up his second before he could ask; and my dad took him to the home improvement store and to go pick up the tree. Last night the four of us decorated the tree while sipping on eggnog and of course, my parents told Thor the most embarrassing stories about me and he was eating them up. Currently, my grandparents and other extended family members were all over having Christmas eve dinner, tomorrow it would just be the four of us again, and honestly, I was thankful because my family was out of pocket with some of these questions.

"Is your name really Thor?" 

"Can I touch your hair." proceeds to touch his hair without his permission.

"What are you to my granddaughter?"
"DO you know Captain America?"
"Why don't you talk?"
"Do you know how to talk"
"Can I handle your hammer?" At that one, I snatched Thor out of the grasps of my cousins and led him outside.

"I am SO sorry I know they can be a lot. It's probably why when doing the whole shebang with family it's usually on a cruise or beach where they got too many things to do other than be noisy." I shook my head looking over my shoulder seeing some shadows peaking at us.

"WILL Y'ALL MIND YA BUSINESS!" I shouted causing the shadows to scurry away. "Sorry again. I swear they have home training well at least some of them."

"Lottie it's fine, I like your family." he laughed probably because my face screamed I don't believe you. "Seriously they are great, I can see why you are so amazing. They are so kind and loving."

"You sure you aren't just saying that to please me?"

"When have you ever known me to lie?"

"Touche, alright well we better get back in there before they think something nefarious is going on out here."

***************************

"Poor boy... " I turned to look at Mrs. Monroe confused as to what she was talking about.

She took a seat next to me on the couch we had just finished unwrapping presents and to my surprise, I got quite a few things from all of them.  We watched on as Charlotte and Mr. Monroe put the fish tank Charlotte got her dad together.

"You are in love with my daughter, and she's too blind to see it." She shook her head laughing "I'm going to let you in on a secret if you don't tell she'll never know that she's possibly in love with you too. If there one thing I know about my daughter and Lord forgive me for saying it, it's that when it comes to the opposite sex she is dumber than a box of rocks. "

I laughed turning my attention back to Lottie watching as she scrunched her face at whatever it was her dad was trying to do. "Is it that obvious?" I asked turning my attention back to the woman who had been nothing but kind to me while I was here.

"Oh yeah! I knew the moment I saw you walk into the restaurant, you only have eyes for her. Not to mention my in-laws cornered me before they left asking if you were gonna be the new beau like I said the only one who doesn't know is my daughter."

"I can't plus she just got out of a relationship with that punk ass ...pardon me" I stopped myself when I realized who I was talking about.

"Oh don't I know. I never liked that greasy motherfucker, I knew he wasn't it from the jump but I let my baby make her own choices. Although she didn't tell me I'm sure he cheated on her he looked like the type with a wandering eye. Yooo when I get my hands on him I'm fucking his shit up and I know how to make it look like an accident too." I couldn't help but laugh but the burning desire to beat the shit out of Thomas had strength tenfold the moment Lottie confessed her findings, and every day after my hatred for him grew.