40

It was day three of me sitting in this cell, they thought they were doing something by giving me small rations of food but it was something I knew all too well and wasn't going to beg. The only time I almost lost it was the first night when I heard Lottie screaming to see me, the officers watching me snickered and said

"I see the fat bitch is here"

"Here that boy your girl is here to see you, they should let her in then we could show her a good time. I mean if she's okay sleeping with dogs like him I'm sure we are a catch"

"Mhmm I ain't never been with a black girl and I saw yours around with them huge tittles and fat ass, mmmm" one of them groaned grabbing his crotch.

"Shut your fucking mouth" I grabbed onto the bar and took a seat when one took a step back, smiling as one touched his holster and the other who grabbed his crotch took a step back.

"What you say, boy?"

I took a seat and grinned at both of them "Eat shit,"

"Why I ought to to " the bolder officer took a step to the bars, but the other one quickly came up grabbing him and pulling him back.

"THOR I'LL BE BACK BABY" I heard Lottie scream

"All good things come to those who wait," I said closing my eyes with a smile putting my head against the cool wall, taking deep breaths remembering I needed to keep calm for her.

Three days ago was the last time I heard her voice, I did see Mrs. Monroe who showed up the day after my arrest letting me know she would be my attorney, and I was so grateful for her. I told her exactly what I walked into and how they had been treating me here since. They were holding me without bail as a flight risk since I was known to disappear without a trace.

"You'll be sad to hear my brother has woken up, he's got two black eyes, a concussion, a fractured rib, oh, and his nose is broken." I sat up from the cot, taking Samuel Shaw in, he looked like shit but he always did.

"I don't care,"

"You don't care! You are going to go to prison for the rest of your useless life, where you will be forgotten once more." I rolled my eyes at the dramatics, this family was insane "I knew from the moment my brother told me about you, that you were going to bring trouble. Just like that no good daddy of yours." he spouted as he paced in front of my cell, his words might have hurt before but now I felt nothing because I knew I was going to come out on top in the end. I would be the one living my happily ever after and they would be ruined.

"I mean my sperm donor and your brother might have more in common, "

He stopped gripping the handles to the cell "Don't you dare! My brother would never do the things you and Charlotte are accusing him of. He is a pillar of this FUCKING community, and you are little orphan Annie trying to play captain save a hoe after you couldn't save your own family."

"SAMUEL, what are doing down here son?" We both turned to the door entrance to see a woman who looked an awful amount like Samuel but she was a few inches shorter than him and didn't have that big of a belly, but unlike him, she didn't look at me with hatred, weird.

"Mom, I was just-"

"Go on and get. No matter what is happening you are still an officer of the law and should act like one." I watched and couldn't help but laugh and Samuel Shaw left but not without throwing that hateful glance, he tried to tell his mom to come but she gave him a look and he disappeared behind the door. I'm sure he was sticking close.

I sighed looking over the older woman, her eyes were bloodshot making her already weathered face look older.

"Look lady if you came here to threaten me, I would save my breath and direct you to speak to my lawyer."