17

"Damn it, Char. I'm so in love with you." Thomas rolled off of me pulling into him. I laid still hoping he would just fall asleep.

"Why won't you say it back? I've said it a few times and every time you never say it back. Don't you love me?"

I sighed, turning to look at him. In his eyes, I saw a tenderness there as well as something else I couldn't put my finger on "Honestly?"

"Of course."

"I don't know if I'm in love with you. Like I do love you. But I've never been "in love" romantically before so I'm not sure what it feels like."

He screwed up his face "Well do you like being around me?" I nodded "Are you sad when I'm not around" again I nodded "Do you think of me often?" I nodded again "And you enjoying having sex with me." That last one was said as a statement, not a question. He pulled me by the waist when I looked away.

"Answer me."

"Yes."

"Well, then. You are in love with me too. " he pulled me into a kiss causing me to whimper. I wanted to say besides the sex part I felt that way about my parents, Anderson, Thor but I guess because he was my boyfriend and we had sex it made it different. I don't know everything he said was true; I mean there was no denying that I really really like Thomas but still something felt like it was missing. When I saw myself being in love I saw what my parents had. A type of love where no matter when they were they naturally just gravitated toward each other, anticipating the other's need before they even realized what they wanted. Someone you didn't need to hold your opinions from. The feeling that although you are whole in yourself having them around somehow makes your life better. The feeling of them being so deeply embedded in your skin you lived and breathed them; did I feel that with Thomas? I wasn't sure I did. Which lead me to believe I wasn't in love, but maybe one day soon I'd get there because I did love him.

********

"Babe seriously calms down," Thomas laughed as I paced the living room of our rental. After our talk of love, we took a quick nap; I fully expected Thor to have been back by the time I woke up but he was nowhere to be found and I was fully freaking out.

"He's been gone for an extremely long time. For more than three hours I thought they would go to dinner and then he'd come back" I bit on my nail nervously, I hadn't heard from Thor since he texted me saying he pulled up at Sarah's house.

"Maybe he's having a nightcap"

"A NIGHTCAP?! On the first date?" I squeaked coming to a complete stop.

"Not everyone waits until they are more established"

I couldn't help but run my temple trying to get rid of the headache that was starting to appear.

"Calm down mother hen. He'll be fine. I don't think a tiny woman is going to overthrow He-Man."

I scoffed, turning away "Yeah unless she has an accomplice."

He pulled me down to the couch "Babe, stop worrying. Seriously I'm starting to get jealous" he chuckled but I could tell he was serious.

"I'm sorry. You're right I am acting like a mother hen. I need to chill out." I laid my head on his shoulder, moments later the door unlock causing me to jump up and bum rush him.

"Thor oh my gosh. Are you okay" I stood on my tippy toes turning his head from side to side making sure he didn't have any bruises or anything? When I pulled away his face was extremely red.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He walked around me handing Thomas his keys. "Thanks."

"No problem. This one was worried you got kidnapped, had to remind her you are a grown man who is more than capable of taking care of himself."