TRENTA

[ 1983 ]
a longing summer of temporary love

TRENTA

another party. another night.

it's a common scene for Marco and Kyong. the buzzing people, the stench of addicting alcohol, the fumes of cigarette and tobacco smoke, the swinging of hips and the taps of shoes.

but tonight, it's different because one important person hasn't attended. the host of the party- Nolan, realises too and it's not a nice thought.

Jaylen isn't here and it doesn't sit well with anyone.

he's usually the one to inform everyone about parties and arrive first. people didn't expect him to not arrive at all. Jaylen's social and friendly attitude easily draws individuals to him which is why he fits in so well at parties.

the neon lights, the mouthy bars and the booming music fits his ambience. Juwon and Kyongknew that very well from only meeting him once. Jaylen is someone who is easy to miss.

Marco misses him- his best friend of course, damn right. his dark eyes are too busy watching Oscar from across the place, feeling troubled.

Oscar is staring at Arthur who's on the dance floor, dressed in black as he moves his body to the music. Oscar is the reason why Jaylen isn't here. yet here he is, casually watching the one who tore him and his beloved readily apart.

Marco isn't happy with his friend Oscar. he strolls up to him, avoiding people's touch as he snatches Oscar's glowing cigarette off him. "can i get an update?" he asks, tone firm as he addresses the older- wanting him to know he's serious. he needs an update on their relationship. what's happening between them? have they talked things through?

Oscar isn't surprised by Marco's rugged attitude. he believes he deserves it. "me and Jaylen are on a break." he states, appearing cool and casual. whereas internally, he's bleeding with overdue pain because he's also noticed the lack of Jaylen's presence. it's hard not to notice. he misses the younger so damn much. it's hurting him too and no one has any idea.

Marco knows a break is needed between the two but it's something they'd rather not have, since Oscar and Jaylen were inseparable and addicted to one another. "is that what you wanted?" Marco purposely asks Oscar who's eyes focus on him only.

"of course it's fucking not."

Marco feels a hand wrap around his arm, pulling him away from Oscar and as he turns around, he sees that it's his boyfriend taking him away.

"you saved me from a tough conversation right there." Marco laughs, catching the blazer that falls off his shoulders. he meets Kyong's suntan eyes in the dimness, with obvious thankfulness and delighted love. he didn't know what else to say to Oscar anyway.

"did you bring me here to slow dance?" Marco asks, gleaming eyes flickering to the dance floor Kyong brought him to. the teasing atmosphere makes the older place his hands on Kyong's waist, pulling him closer.

"your duality is crazy." Kyong breathes out as his eyes blink repeatedly. "we were so not like this yesterday." which makes his admirer nod in agreement. they both tend to switch to contrasting emotions- it may be a bad habit.

"i was thinking about our argument." Kyong mentions, running his large hands across Marco's massive shoulders. his eyes focus on his actions as he admires his boyfriend.

Marco stops Kyong and gives him a look that says really? "we didn't argue. it was a decent conversation." he corrects as they slow dance.

Kyong raises his brows- was it though?

the younger continues to tell his boyfriend what he's been thinking about. he always feels like he can open up to the older and not be judged. "so the thought about how scary the future is and wondering if we shouldn't have gone into this together is stuck in my head." Kyong admits slowly but gently.

Marco nods, rubbing his hand on Kyong's hip as he makes sure not to distract him but also offer a comforting and doting hand. he wants to always be touching and feeling him. the power Kyong has over him is real.

Kyong brings his lean, warm body closer, noses accidentally touching which makes him smile a giddy smile. "but i just want you to know that i'll always choose you." his voice sends a shiver down Marco's spine. "i don't care what's going to happen from days, months or years from now but right now, god i've never fallen in love with someone more in my life." and his fingers scrape the back of Marco's neck, staring into his eyes.

"and if the future decides to give us something that becomes a barrier to us ... i'm going to fight and i'll always fight for you." Kyong murmurs, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"i don't want to lose you." Kyong ends.

Marco can't speak. he's so overwhelmed that his eyes fill up with hot water and he's about to cry.

Kyong notices how his words made a great impact on the usually collected boy. he's glad he said everything he wanted to say- he feels better. "oh baby." the younger murmurs, taking Marco's hand and moving him away from the dance floor to some place quiet- the porch of Nolan's grand house.

Kyong is brought closer by Marco's veiny hands on his skinny waist, melting their bodies against each other. the warmth, affection and intensity that spreads is hard to deny. Kyong responds by pressing his forehead against his boyfriends, hands clutching his arms and giving him a calming, kind smile.

"i love you Kyong ." Marco says tearfully. his words hold meaning and sincerity in a way he's never spoken before- exactly how he'd describe a romantic, true movie scene.

"i don't want to live in a world without you." Kyong responds and wraps his lengthy arms around Marco's neck, bringing them closer together which was impossible at this point. he doesn't. he wants to see the world through Marco's eyes and hold his hands forever.

he wishes to feel safe with his Marco.

Marco ignores the tears that start to run down his face. he may be impulsive but he's also damn sensitive. thanks Kyong. "i love you so fucking much." he repeats, emphasising how much he feels and always will feel for the boy that moved in next door obliviously, with black bangs and brown, starry eyes that gifted him a whole, ultimate galaxy.

"i don't want to lose you too." Marco closes his eyes when he feels Kyong's fingers run through the strands of his grey hair. he feels another small kiss being placed onto his lips, neck, jaw, nose and lastly, forehead.

"but i'm afraid i might one day and it won't be us to blame."

i've been falling in love with elio and oliver all over again because of a certain someone and it's indeed, very giddy. i miss call me by your name so much.