VENTUNO

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & a messy yet undeniable love

VENTUNO

lemonade.

at the end of the path to the families houses, a lemonade stand is created by three junior girls.

Marco's sisters have set up a wooden table- covered by a milky cloth, glass jugs of homemade lemonade with ice cubes of frozen water placed on top, cups ready to be served and lemon slices for decoration and sour taste.

the family help to set up the table on a sunny sunday morning, glancing at the main road in front of them- cars passing at a high speed, not caring to stop and sometimes there's just ... silence. the enthusiasm of Marco's little sisters disappears, when they realise that maybe, no one will buy their drinks.

Marco exits the kitchen, holding several plastic cups in his hands- trying not to stumble or drop any as he makes his way to his sisters. his eyes are half awake, needing to be rubbed and his silver dyed hair starts to fall in his sweaty face- not ready to start the day since his motivation is lacking this weekend.

Marco walks down the stone filed path and accidentally drops the plastic cups to the floor, due to the excessive amount which makes him sigh.

"where is your head today? get a move on." his mom walks past, carrying more items for the lemonade stand. she nudges him, with a sportive smile.

ouch- Marco mumbles. his dad walks past too, raising his brows and holding a banner in his hand. "softie." he calls his son, chuckling away.

"and what's wrong with that?" Marco huffs and places the cups onto the table, a little too harshly. being soft is not a weakness. he walks back into the void house to help carry the jugs of lemonade, to the stand- hoping the drinks aren't sour like his mood.

"we should've set up the stand in town." Marco establishes, crossing his arms over his chest as the gradual, icy wind blows his periwinkle shirt and his tossed, post shower curls. the bitter boy decides to tuck his shirt in because he feels too cold, so he forces the tricky material into his jeans. his sister mentions how he looks smart- his fashion sense has always been .. smart, but elegant unintentionally.

"why?" Teodora asks, glaring at him for being so pessimistic. Marco finds it ironic because Teodora is full of useless negativity, it's just how she is.

Marco shrugs, shaking his head so his bangs stay out of his eyes. "no one hardly comes here, so don't be disappointed when no one comes-"

"hi .. can i have two cups of lemonade?"

and Marco is dumbfounded by Juwon's appearance- extensive grin, broad shoulders covered by a pink material and an energetic wave, showing his rapture about buying lemonade. his sisters turn to look at their brother with a look that obviously says- i told you so before cheering at their devoted neighbour.

"gosh hey." Marco greets him, raising his faultless brows.

"you okay? whats up?"

Teodora chimes in with a question. "just two?" she asks Juwon as Harlow starts to fill two cups slowly. Marco watches to make sure she doesn't make a wet mess or drop anything.