CINQUE

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & the start of love

CINQUE

Marco joins Juwon on his front porch, having a careless, standard conversation under the moon and it's stars- the night dismal as they share a light.

then that girl arrives.

her feet land on the porch, gazing at the boys sat together with a clumsy stance and rash eyes. "hi Juwon." she waves her hand and walks inside.

Juwon imitates her as soon as she leaves to find her boyfriend. "hi Juwon."

Marco can't help but snigger- enjoying the fact that Juwon doesn't like her. "who's that?" he asks, the swinging of the swing making him dizzy.

Juwon scoffs, pushing his hands through his blonde hair. "Kyong's pleasure for the night." he answers, disapproval in the tone of his weary voice.

Marco is jumbled and low key jealous. Kyong arrived a week ago and can land a girlfriend but he can't? images of Kyong kissing his girlfriend back, in front of him as he ran away fills his mind and he doesn't want to think about what on earth they're doing upstairs.

"didn't you guys just arrive a week ago?"

Juwon shrugs. "it's just how he is." Kyong isn't as quiet and shy as Marco thought which makes him marvel .. what else is there to the captivating boy?

//

the words of the Romantics spill onto the spotless pages that belong to Marco as he writes and writes.

the celebration of nature and individuality matches my mindset. Romanticism speaks to me on a personal level- i believe that the natural world is positive, uplifting and emotional.

he lies on his stomach- sprawled out on his bed as he fiddles with his pen. the amber strands of his hair darken into black in the shade, laying messily on his head as he distracts himself. he loves to write. being in the secure, tranquil space of his bedroom with the windows open- sounds of nature and his muttering siblings from downstairs fills his ears, a scented candle burning .. is what he needs right now.

Marco also likes to move around a lot. he can't sit in one place and loves to fidget. when working in the first year of university, he'd always be annoyed with having to sit down so much. so when working on long assignments, he'd stand up- being able to freely move. the freedom to move, the stretching, the movements, the uncomfortable nature that makes you want to work is what encourages him to move towards the window, balancing his scrapbook on his knee as he tucks his pen behind his ear.

the young man watches out of the window, tilting his head- the sun reflecting in his eyes and his melanin skin, sparkling across his cheeks and jaw. he drops his pen to the floor, his fingers resting on the textured pages of his notebook .. forgetting just what he was writing.

and there's only one thing that captures his attention .. other than movie scenes, the sound of typewriters, rolled up scripts and the sound of CUT!

it's Kyong and he's too busy making out with his girlfriend.

sweaty palms against each other, pushing against a tree as their bodies collide and Marco frowns when he sees her tongue push into his harshly. he wants to look away but he simply can't.

when the delightful looking, secretive girl walks away- Marco notices Kyong shoving his hands into his jean pockets. the double denim makes flustered Kyong look even more alluring.

his small copper eyes stare at the soil, looking up to gaze at Marco's house with a clenched jaw and miracle in his expression, which catches Marco by sudden surprise.

Kyong shifts a little, smiling a small but fond smile in the direction of Marco's house before walking back to his- still smiling softly with his gaze now lowered to the still ground.

//

anyway !! stay happy !! smile loads !! appreciate the small things in your life !! eat three meals a day !! stay hydrated !! talk to your friends and family !! read and read and read !! smile at a stranger !! and most importantly love yourself !! because ily and thank you for reading

hugs from your author A <3