TREDICI

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & the start of love

TREDICI

a troublesome, intimate movie scene acts out in front of Marco's eyes.

he imagines the lights, camera and action! it starts to take place .. Nolan and Juwon saying bye to each other, after a day of spending time together- under the graceful Italian sun.

the action appears when Nolan leans forward, wanting a kiss until he's pushed away by Juwon's startled, awkward hand as he steps backwards.

Marco nears closer to the window, watching the reactions and scene unfold as it also breaks his heart.

Nolan isn't fazed by Juwon's reaction. he nods at his lover, understanding but also breaking. Juwon feels the same way as he tries to say something.

and Marco looks away from the personal scene unfolded- realising that their love story isn't as easy as he thought .. no one has it easy anyway.

//

a curly haired, sleepy eyed Marco appears downstairs, balancing a pile of knowledgable books on Carl Jung's theories- the persona, shadow and ego, as he joins his family in the kitchen.

the boy is welcomed with hushed whispers from his sister, uptight rants from his mother and a favourable smell from the cooking pan. "what have you done now?" Marco asks Teodora, not surprised that she's miffed or dismal about something. she's at the age of being too serious.

Harlow appears, closing the bathroom door behind her. "causing drama with girls again?" she asks- referring to the teenage girls in high school.

Teodora has a habit of starting trouble with girls she should stay from. her attitude is one that goes noticed and although she keeps her head down, drama seems to find it's way to her.

Teodora snaps immediately at her sister. "it's none of your business."

their mother interrupts. "it's theirs too." she argues back- explaining the situation like she always does when Teodora spills out her worrisome issues.

the man of the house arrives home after a long day of work. "right what do you guys want to eat tonight?" he asks, dropping his excessive bag to the floor. he senses the tense air of the engaged house, sighing as he walks past everyone to retrieve a frigid glass of water. "great .. this is what i come home to." he scoffs.

their father ignores the situation, choosing to not be a part of it. "after a long day at work, this is exactly what i need." he says sarcastically and goes into the bathroom in a hasty manner.

and Marco feels bad. their father works all day- two jobs for them. he deserves a better welcome home, not fights and issues but hugs and smiles. but Marco's father is also a man who believes kids aren't nuisances, don't have issues and believes problems will pass on their own. he doesn't put the effort in.

Marco cuts the strained atmosphere. "i'm going to Nolan's party. i'll probably stay the night there." he explains, looking at his mothers sombre eyes- too busy looking at her heated husband.

his mother nods with a blank expression. he feels bad for leaving at such a hectic time but he, himself needs an escape from family life- it's suffocating.