VENTI

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & a messy yet undeniable love

VENTI

Marco brushes his newly dyed hair back from his washed face. the grey locks give him a new look, a fresh attitude of boldness, delicacy and determination, a sense that he needed a change. he's happy with his new hair.

he stands at the bottom of the staircase, rolling back his shoulders as he makes his way to the still piano. the piano sits elegantly with its velvet stool, piano keys laid out- waiting for Marco's arrival on a hush, breezy morning.

so he sits down, hands on thighs before he licks his lips and smiles- loving the essence of a virtuous morning. Marco's fingers start to play the piano, a pacific tune that may wake up his family but also suggests a new start and serenity and calmness he wishes for everyone's lives.

"play well darling." Marco's mother walks past, out of the kitchen as she smiles endearingly at her son.

Marco nods, smiling at not just the sight of his mother but also, his happy mood on an odd morning, the piano, his ability to play songs, the sounds of the birds singing their own songs and the sight he's blessed with when he goes into his normally lonely bedroom.

he closes his bedroom door quietly, making sure not to make a noise and he doesn't notice the smile unable to slip off his face, because Kyong is in his bed- dreaming away and sleeping.

Marco really can't believe they spent the night together.

a wide awake, chuffed Marco crawls under the covers- laying beside Kyong, taking a few minutes to himself, to think about the beauty of Kyong.

Kyong lies under the chilly covers, one hand rested under his head, the other tucked away as he sleeps tranquilly. his breathing is even, quiet and gentle as his charming eyes stay shut- eyelashes on display, lips parted as he licks them unconsciously. he stirs in his sleep, sensing a presence behind him- a presence that is too busy admiring his glorious skin, prominent jawline, flawless eyebrows and the argent hoops in his ears.

Marco grins when Kyong moves due to his touch- his arm wraps around his waist and his head tucks into the warm, near space of his neck. he wakes the younger by moving him closer and smiling against his skin delightfully.

Kyong stirs awake, copper eyes half open, muddled facial features and he smiles lazily at Marco- close lipped, sweet and kindly. they smile with relief at each other and it's as if the whole world suddenly makes sense. waking up with each other is a blessing they had been missing out on and it feels so good.

Kyong squeezes Marco's strong arm wrapped around his waist, leaning into his warmth as he mumbles morning. Marco is too busy admiring the boy in his bed, the deep intensity of Kyong's morning voice and how much he wants to kiss him in their early hours.

innocent looking Kyong closes his eyes again, running his thumb up and down Marco's arm. Marco hums, liking his touch too much and buries his face further into his neck.

Marco's eyes close, eyelashes fluttering against Kyong's skin as he takes in his scent, his heat, his touch and just how amazing he is. he runs his nose up and down Kyong's neck before pressing a quick kiss to his collarbone. 

Marco's lips move from one place to the other, fluttering kisses up until he reaches Kyong's parted lips. he hovers above his neighbour, trying to stay balanced as both amber eyes meet- emotions stashed from society but the same emotions they feel together.