SEI

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & the start of love

SEI

Marco cherishes showers.

he waits for the solitude and serenity it brings to him when he steps in, scorching water rushing over his bare back and down his body that needs to be composed. he also has the chance to scrutinise his thoughts, make sense of his life because he can't think straight when his mind is full of jumbled, veiled thoughts.

and today, there's one person that's making his thoughts untidy.

Kyong.

Marco doesn't want to admit that his thoughts in the shower have started to involve him. he tries his best to once again, stop himself from thinking about his dingy bangs of hair, star filled eyes, slender figure, kissable lips as well as his shyness around Marco, awkwardness, yet deviant nature with his girlfriend.

the girlfriend part is what makes Marco sigh against the shower glass.

he wishes she didn't exist, so he could make a move on Kyong- do something that wouldn't be considered as immoral. but he's taken, his crush is taken.

Marco has always been comfortable with his sexuality. it's something that's personal to him so he keeps it to himself. he never plans on coming out to his family because he knows he'll be disowned due to their strict beliefs. but being himself around his friends, knowing himself is enough for him and that's okay.

it would be better to not know Kyong's sexuality and forget about him.

Marco's mind fills with unanswered questions- some buried aggressively into the deep, brought to the surface and some recent. what does he feel when looking at Kyong? is it lust? yearning? envy? attraction? what do the raging butterflies in his stomach mean? what is it about the shy pretty neighbour that makes him feel so giddy?

Marco huffs, wanting an answer and today he intends to find out whether or not he has feelings for Kyong.

//

Marco remembers the nerves he first felt when knocking on the door of the house, on the first day they arrived. he feels better, more relaxed since he is growing used to them. their presence next door is sometimes forgettable since they're hush, civil and refined people.

but there's still a part of Marco that hopes it's not Kyong who opens the door. yes, he may crave his presence, want to be around him more but Marco is older and more mature- he knows it's better, from experience, to stay away from a bleak crush.

unfortunately it's Kyong who opens the door with a smile.

and his smile drops a little as he tries to stay calm and unaffected when seeing the majestic figure of Marco- ruddy cheeks and slight nerves.

"hey Ky." Marco greets him, obsessed with saying his name.

"are you looking for Juwon? he isn't here right now-" he speaks promptly.

"oh no! i'm here to invite you and Juwon to a party at my house. it's an evening party my parents host and their friends come, my friends come- family too. it's an annual summer, sporty thing where there's free drinks!" Marco beams, raising one brow with an ardent smile as he notices Kyong's jittery hands- playing with his slim fingers.