VENTIDUE

[ 1983 ]
the start of summer & a messy yet undeniable love

VENTIDUE

lights, camera, ACTION!

the scene that plays is one of two boys riding bicycles together, throwing them onto the grass as they lay together- sun tracking every feature of their faces, subtle beams highlighting sharp jawlines, fluttering eyelashes and teeth biting down on lips that hold hunger.

the giddy younger grips the boys chin, making their eyes meet as sweet sounds soon fill the air and lips greet each other, with licks, bites and pecks like they've been waiting forever. and the boys fall into each other's embrace, the current scene being one that spreads longing and warmth into the audiences chest. it's one made for the big screens.

CUT!

Marco snaps out of his movie daydreams before sitting up in his seat, on the porch as he uncrosses his legs. he stretches out his body and looks around before his chestnut eyes land on a familiar figure in the heat of summer.

he stares at Kyong who walks outside, onto the pebbles in front of his house- oblivious to his surroundings, vanished in his own thoughts and feelings. he's dressed in an oversized, sombre hoodie, sleeves covering his hands cutely.

Marco furrows his brows in confusion, alarmed and vexed with his outfit in the immense heat. "who the hell wears a hoodie in Italy?" he shouts, deep voice making Kyong turn around to stare back at him- eyes intense.

"i do bitch, it's cold outside."

it is- Marco thinks, stopping himself from hugging himself. he's been spending time outside, sitting alone for over an hour, wanting to get the renewed air he craves. none of his crude family are at home, they're visiting his grandparents and Marco didn't go.

"it's cold outside." Marco imitates Kyong.

"wow, you're a child-"

"wow, you're a-"

"oh my god, will you shut up?"

Marco smirks, a successful look on his face when he knows he's irritated Kyong. "Kyong-ah, you've become really cocky in the past few weeks." he professes, noticing how his attitude, even movements have changed around him- more affluent and easygoing. he can't help smiling.

"i wonder who's fault that is." Kyong mumbles, looking at the ground- raising his brows with sass.

"excuse me?"

Kyong shrugs. "you're excused."

Marco stands up, pointing his finger at the dark haired boy that drives him crazy. "don't make me want to kiss you again." he warns, leaving the porch with slack steps as he tries to maintain his self control. it's irritating and pathetic because the energy between the two boys makes it hard for him to stay away.

"Marc-"

Kyong's voice calls out softly. he licks his lips, watching Marco as he turns around with a look that says- what do you want? and eyes holding distaste, lips pursued as he waits quietly.