Let Them Change For Us

Kai was a lot of things, talented, clever, strong, and just a bit headstrong, but he wasn't stupid. But anyone who saw him right now might have to disagree...

Kai sighs as he looks down at the head in his lap. Never in all his days had he ever expected to fall for anyone, especially someone he was born to kill. Yet here he was, fingers running gently through Cole's raven locks as though it was a normal ordeal. He hadn't noticed his subtle features at first but by the time he had, it was too late, he was already in love with the boy. Even now as the two rest his sister was out hunting his love, intent on killing him to continue their parents' legacies.
A scoff slips past his lips as he thinks of her, a girl fueled by the desire to prove herself in spite of all her accomplishments. He loved her dearly but she was too stubborn for her own good sometimes, there was no way he could tell her that he is in a relationship with a shifter.
A calm smile breaks his concentration as Cole comes back to his mind, he was in the middle of shifting, as he often did in his sleep when he was relaxed. Small black horns poke his fingertips as he strokes his head, and he undoubtedly has a fang or two, but those small quirks made their time together all the better. This showed Cole how much Kai loved him, no matter what he looked like.
"G' mornin' beautiful," Cole mumbles as he moves in Kai's lap to stretch out any tight muscles, "How long was I out?"
Kai smiles and leans in to give him a soft kiss, "Couple hours, you got in late and planted yourself right in my lap for the night."
Cole grins, a lopsided smile really, and laughs out, "Damn right I did, best stop in the house, with the best person in the world."
Kai rolls his eyes and pushes Cole's face away gently, a noticeable blush decoration his face, "That's enough out of you Mr. Smooth," he pauses to press a loving kiss to his lips, "now get up so I can make breakfast, and you can shower."

Kai can't help but smile as he moves through his kitchen, after all, he can hear the faint, but very clearly off-key,  humming of his lover in the other room. Maybe this their situation wasn't perfect but that was okay, they'd get there.

The rest of the world could change for them because they were quite content staying just as they were

<><><><><><><><><><><>
#wrote_this@4AM (and finished it like five to ten months  later) (oops)

So Hi this probably seems like a miracle huh? I finished something!! What blasphemy is this!!!

Regardless, you all are amazing. I was literally about to delete this account and the stories along with it but now I think I'll leave it. If one person gets something good out of these short blurbs my non-creative mind generates then that is reason enough to leave this here. Now onto more pressing issues, I am probably going to go inactive until further notice. I really don't have the passion for creative writing as I did a couple of years ago and I need to focus academic stuff. I love to read all the comments from every person under the rainbow flag and under the clear sky (lol).

One last thing before I go.... YOU ARE VALID AND AMAZING (anyone who disagrees can go suck an egg)

Quote of the day
*I feel like death..... What a mood
*(Small child) is this the blue-yellow I'm supposed to use   

*I'm a hop skip and a jump from hell alright.