Blueberry and Strawberry-Plasma

Kai hums softly to himself as he wipes down the counter of his and Nya's Cafe. The duo had opened up the place years ago and sales had skyrocketed as of late leading to Nya overworking herself to ensure Kai didn't and then practically collapsing while they had been opening the day before. He had, of course, sent her home and told her that he could manage alone for the weekend, and fortunately for him, it had been slow going. Despite this, the Cafe still had a hand full of regulars who sat sporadically around the room, most on computers doing work to the faint whisper of the radio and the cute barista who sang along. The atmosphere was calm, just how Kai liked it to be when Nya was away, but before the young man could relax completely the chime of the bell brought him back to reality.

"Forget it, there is no way you can pull of those positions," a tall noirnette says to the men next to him.

"Statistically you have been wrong every time you have said that Cole," The ice blond says as he intertwines their fingers, "You must realize that it just makes him want to do it even more."

"He has a point," the ginger says matter of factly, a silly grin spreading across his face.

"Yeah, yeah, but that just sounds stupid. The whole gig sounds stupid," the first man says,"I don't trust that man. Not in the slightest."

"I know," the ginger says with a sigh, "Maybe we shouldn't go through with this one Z. I could do those positions but that man was giving me creepy looks. I think we should decline, but we can finish this discussion later you two go get a booth and I'll get the coffee"

The white-clad man nods before fixing the light scarf around his neck and dragging hid boyfriend over to a table.

"Welcome to Fusion's Cafe how can I help you cutie?" Kai says winking at the man and making his face light up like a Christmas tree.

"I- uh um, One iced coffee with two shots of vanilla, one hot chocolate, and, uh, one blueberry and strawberry smoothie pease," he says staring at the counter.

"What's the name cutie?" Kai asks slyly," or would you prefer I just keep calling you cutie?"

"My names Jay," he squeaks, "How much do I owe you?"

"On the house," Kai says as he grins at the other's look of surprise.

"T-thank you, K-Kai," he says looking up just enough to read his name tags sloppy writing.

"You can read this?" Kai asks with genuine surprise as he gestures to his name tag.  

"Well yeah, my friend, Cole's is ten thousand times worse and I have to read that all day long it seems," Jay says finally looking up enough to meet Kai's eyes before giggling at his surprised look.

"What are you laughing at freckles," the brunette jokes poking said boy in the nose.

"You, hedgehog head," he replies a small snort escaping him as he laughs.

"Well excuse you, my hair is fabulous and anyone who says otherwise has no taste," Kai retorts, pretending to do a hair flip and making Jay laugh harder.

"Oh my gosh, why," the laughing boy says his laughter fading.

"Why what cutie," Kai presses sending a fake glare at the other boy.

"Why aren't you making my drink," he says with a sudden straight face that made Kai start laughing.

"Pfft with customers like you I think I may need one," he says turning on his heels to the machine to begin the three drinks.

Kai hums softly as he turns on the blender and his mind wander briefly to Jay; he hoped he would make another appearance after today. Turning back around to grab his marker Kai jumps at the sight of Nya leaning over the counter a pretend disappointed frown on her face.

"Ignoring the customer are we now hothead," she teases.

"Of course," he jests, "I thought it would be a great idea to just relax with a blueberry and strawberry smoothie and maybe go on a date with a guy who likes them."

Nya laughs as he grabs the marker to scribble down the names before calling out,"Iced Coffe, Hot Chocolate, and a Smoothie for Cutie!"

Nya bursts out laughing and falls off the counter while Kai grins as a now very red Jay makes his way back to the counter followed by a few oo's and a couple aww's.

"You are a terrible human being," Jay whines as he grabs his drink from the counter before glancing at Nya and adding, "You too, Nya, you still suck too."

Nya jumps off the floor at the sound of her name, immediately realizing who it was, "Jay! It's been forever; I never expected to see you again let alone here!"

"I found out you got this place and came as soon as I had an open time slot, plus I brought Zane and Cole along. They started dating a year ago by the way. We just got done with a shoot and have sometime before another gig since the guy we were supposed to work with was a creep and we all agree. I'm sure they want to catch up too, so we should all do something together," he rants.

"Heh, glad those two finally got together and that you finally embraced your inner gay," she mocks, pointing towards Kai quickly,"But I never expected you to start flirting with my brother! what happened to the best friend code Walker. Huh, huuuuh is flirting more important than me?"

"When a cute boy is involved, yes," he replies cheekily, winking at Kai, "Anyway, I should probably get going, but my number is still the same. So feel free to send a text it was like you dropped off the planet three years ago."

Nya laughs before exclaiming,"You never texted either!"

Jay smiles as his friends grab their drinks and wave to Nya,"By the way, Kai, a date sounds great."

Kai blushes a pale shade of red and grins, finally noticing the piece of paper on the counter where the drinks were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does this suck? I feel like this one sucks. Am I crazy?

Woah two updates.