Opposite

Kai could not believe his luck. Not only was he one assignment away from failing English but he was one assignment away from being kicked off the baseball team captains list. He had managed to keep a solid B- for the first semester but all his effort would be for naught if he couldn't write a stupid paper about the influence of Romeo and Juliet on modern society and get a B or better. "Lucky" for him his little sister had a better idea than him losing his place as team captain for his senior year.

"Nya, for the hundredth time I am not meeting with a tutor for this," Kai exclaims, clearly exasperated by her attempt to help, "It's not like I'll be off the team if I end up with a C!"

Nya gaps at him searching for the right words to say, "You have worked for years to get good enough to be a team captain and you're just gonna throw it out over a paper! That's balderdash you should just meet with him a couple times. He is fantastic at old literature, writing, and basically one of the nicest guys I've ever met!"

"I don't care! Nya I'm not meeting up with one of your nerd friends to talk about love for an hour and give Krux and Acronix more to trash talk me with."

"Zane is not just some nerd, Kai, you know this-" Nya begins but is abruptly cut off.

"Zane, you want me to spend an hour with Zane and talk about love and not be gay, yeah yeah that's a great idea. Except it's not!" He exclaims, his hands flailing around slightly to express his point, "I know you think my stupid crush is funny but It's not. I don't need you setting me up to fail because I can't focus. No nope not doing it."

Nya smiles as he walks up the stairs muttering about how there was no way he would ever meet up for tutoring, especially with a certain blond male. The sound of a door slamming snaps her back into the moment as she scribbles down a little reminder for her beloved big brother.

~~~

I can't believe I'm doing this was the only thing running through his mind as he walks over to the track field after his practice was over. He leans over the fence as Zane rounds the bend in the track trying to find his voice to call him over, but as luck played it there was no need. A smile had broken the normally stoic boys face as he and Kai locked eyes. Kai could feel the faint blush on his cheeks and could see a similar tint on Zanes own.

"Hey," his all he can manage as he looks up at the 6"2' track star.

"Hey," He replies, "Nya said you would eventually see the logic in letting me help you but I'm a little surprised you actually came over here, hotshot."

"Yeah, well, I don't really have a choice Nya would kill me if I lost my shot at being team captain because I was too prideful to accept your help," Kai swears he sees Zanes face fall slightly as he lies about his reason for accepting his help, of course, he wanted to say he just wanted to spend time with the guy he had a puppy crush on since sophomore year when his sister introduced them. "Do you want to come over to mine to um go over the writing cuz I don't get any of it."

"Let us not halt, thy idea is absolute and we shan't balk in about what we ought do. By end thy shan't be mate or zany over the Shakespearean tongue," Zane declares laughing at the confused look that overtakes Kai's features, "I said that was a good idea and we should get going and that when we are done you won't be confused or idiotic over Shakespeare."

A smile creeps onto Kai's face as he punches Zane's shoulder gently and the two depart towards the Smith residence.

~~

"Nya! I'm back," Kai calls out into a silent house, a blur of hot pink catching his attention as he hangs up their coats, "Note says she went out on a double date with Skylor, and Jay and Cole. They are seeing a movie and won't be back till nine. She also says "Zane be patient with him he's a slow learner" because she sucks."

A handful of hours later the two sit on Kai's bed backs pressed against the wall, Zane's head resting on Kai's as the two lean on each other. Neither boy was quite sure how they got there but they wouldn't soon complain as a quiet atmosphere has filled the room as the sleepy buzz of calm resonates around the teens hardly broken by Zane's soft voice, "This is nice."

Kai's voice is just as gentle as he responds in agreement, lacing their hands together testingly. He barely feels his blond friend relax into the subtle affection, "Yeah this is great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Alright, this is a little out of character for both of these guys but I really wanted to make something fluffy and cute and soft so here y'all go!
Sorry I wore this like a test ago so I'm just gonna put it out there.

Quote of the day!

<> 1 2 3 4 open up the closet door! 5 6 7 8 DON'T ASSUME YOUR KIDS ARE STRAIGHT!!!

<>You're the only tolerable person here...... it's probably the gay in you

<>*happy little girl in my art TA* I HOPE NO ONE GOES TO HEAVEN!

<>My Very Excelent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas

<>HOw DiD She GEt ThE ANsWeR ShE Wan'T lOOkIng at tHE BoArd!?!?!!?!?

<>Teacher- Does anyone remember what grade Ms ****** is in?

Kids- 8th! 10! 15!

Me internally- I'm NOT an 8th GRADER and IM NOT TeN *screaming*

<> Wait that isn't due today? *wants to die*

Buh BI!!!!!!❤