18. The History of the CRF

Nobuo Iseri above

••••

'We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them'
Albert Einstein

••••

"Tadashi, I think it's better for you to head home now." Nobuo pulled the brunet up to his feet, carefully guiding him to the doorway. "I'd escort you there myself, but I'm a little busy if you haven't already noticed... ha ha."

Tadashi barely acknowledged Nobuo's words as he steered him outside of the room. Sensing his club supervisor's anxious stare from behind him as well as his fellow clubmates' pitiful ones, Tadashi gritted his teeth before walking out on his own. "I'll be fine."

Startled at his hostile tone of voice, Nobuo watched, stunned, as the brunet disappeared down the hallway.

"He'll be all right," Yasuo told Nobuo, frowning in his direction and snapping him back to reality. "You're busy, right? Leave Tadashi to take a breather. He needs it."

Yasuo faced the four teens in the room, the corners of his lips curving down distastefully. He didn't waste any time to begin.

"The Crime Games is more than what you all think."

Yasuo's gaze brimmed with seriousness as he spouted the distressing statement. Everyone in the room was taken by surprise, but it wasn't enough to knock them down. With all that was going around them, such words were only a introduction to their upcoming sufferings.

Ryuu clenched his fists, fuming with sudden animosity. "Does this relate to what happened to Tadashi?"

Yasuo spared the teen a glance before shrugging dismissively. "I'll just inform you all that I know. I'm not sure what exactly went on with him, but what I'll tell you will be enough to piece things together."

Nobody dared to oppose. If they were going to be given the answers to what had damaged the once so optimistic teen, they were willing to cooperate and listen.

Yasuo narrowed his eyes at their reactions. He hesitated slightly before beginning the explanation.

"I... I'm really not supposed to tell you guys this, but if it's already come to that, I really hate it," Yasuo stated, sparing Ayame a quick glance.

"Trusting any of you at the moment is quite difficult and I'm guessing you all feel the same way too. But no matter how the situation may have changed, I'm still going to find the identity of the mastermind. My goal will stay the same no matter how much time passes, or how many people betray me. For threatening my clubmates, for putting people in danger, and even going as far as to kill..." Ayame stopped for a pause, but her voice never wavered. "I will find who he or she is, and make sure that justice is put to them."

He cracked a wry smile at the memory. What she announced then was already beginning to take place.

Altering his poise completely, the blond masked his expression with a glare. "This school, Kaisei Academy, has been around for more than thirty years. It's a school famous for its countless amounts of clubs and celebrities, and is a gathering of only those who have been invited to attend. You cannot enter this academy without a special trait or talent or without an invitation. This academy is filled with the best of the best here in Kyoto."

"And this is new, how?" Ayame commented, giving him a deadpanned look. She couldn't follow why this had something to do with Tadashi's situation.

The blond returned a sour look in response. One that told her to be patient. "All the clubs in this school are also top of the top too. With the best teachers, staff members, students... all except for a certain club." Yasuo spared everyone in the room a peek. "The CRF.