Mistake-or is it? | Jaya

Super cliché chapter.

~Nya's POV~
I got home and threw my bag on the floor of my bedroom, jumping on the bed, taking out my phone, along with a piece of paper.

I put the number in my phone, saving it as 'Seliel', then texted her.

Me: Hi

While I waited, I went to unpack my bag and start doing my homework.

My phone beeped not long after.

Seliel: Hello? Who's this?

Me: It's Nya. Mind if I call you?

~Jay's POV~
I made it home after school and sat down to do my homework, but was cut off when my phone went off.

I picked it up and saw that an unknown number had texted me.

Unknown: Hi

I rose an eyebrow and answered.

Me: Hello? Who's this?

They replied shortly after.

Unknown: It's Nya. Mind if I call you?

My heard started racing. Nya? As in Nya Smith? The most perfect girl at school?

Me: Nya Smith?

Unknown: The one and only😂

Nya Smith is texting me? How did she even get my number in the first place?

Me: Umm...sure. You can call me.

Oh gosh, what have I done.

My phone rang and I looked down to see Nya's number, which I've been wanting to have since we have phones probably, and now she's calling me herself!?

I answered the phone and put it to my ear.

"Seliel!" she exclaimed.

My heart dropped. Of course it would've been a mistake.

"Umm...no. It's um, Jay. J-Jay Walker," I said.

"Jay? What? Did Seliel give me a false number?" she asked.

"I don't know," I answered, still kind of down.

"Are you okay?" she asked, kind of worried. Guess she noticed the change in my voice.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Are you sure? I'm here if you want to talk with somebody," she said.

"Yes, yes, perfectly fine," I said.

"That's good to hear!" she said and I was ready for her to end the call every second. "So, how are you?" she asked.

She's wants to know how am I? I internally screamed. Don't go ahead of yourself, Walker. She's just asking how you are, you dumbass! She doesn't like you!

''I'm, um, I'm fine,'' I answered. ''H-How are you?'' I asked, cursing myself for stuttering.

''Oh, I'm fine too! A little stressed with the dance coming, but yeah,'' she said in her angelic voice.

''Oh yeah, the dance is coming, I forgot,'' I said, kind of lying. I didn't forget, I was just planning on not going as I didn't have a date.

''Jay! I've been working on this for weeks! I am insulted!''

''I-I, it's just-'' Gosh I blew up my chance.

She laughed. ''I'm kidding Jay,'' I sighed in relief. ''So, who's the lucky girl?'' she asked.

''Oh, um, I don't really have a date,'' I said.

''You don't?!" she asked in surprise. ''How can the Jay Walker not have a date?''

''Well, not many people want to go with the school nerd,'' I answered, kind of down.

''Jay, don't say things like that about yourself!'' Nya said. ''There are plenty of girls that want to go out with you!''

''Really? Like who?'' I asked. She can't mean herself, can she? She's just way too nice.

''Can you text me your adress?'' she asked.

''What for?'' I asked, confused.

''Just do it!'' she said and ended the call.

I removed my phone from my ear, confused, but did what she told me, but I texted her the adress. After that I went to the kitchen and started making myself a sandwitch.

Around ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. I rose an eyebrow and walked to the door. It can't be mom and dad, they've got keys, unless they've forgotten them-

My thoughts were cut off when I opened the door to see no other than Nya Smith standing on the other side. ''Like me,'' she said and looked down shyly.

I was confused for a second, then remembered what I asked her. My eyes widened and I stared at her in amazement.

''Aren't you going to say something?'' she asked, lookign at me.

''I, um, do you want to go to the dance with me?'' I managed to say without stuttering.

''I would love to,'' she answered, a big smile stretching on her beautiful face.

''And, um, would you like to eat a sandwitch with me? I made two,'' I said, thinking of how big of an idiot I am for saying this.

''Yes, Jay, I will,'' she said hapilly, letting herself in.

I stood there, awestruck at what just happened. I thought it was a mistake-or was it really?

With a big smile across my face, I closed the front door.

Jesus Christ what did I write???