Triwizard Tournament | Coliel | Part 3

~Cole's POV~

''What do you mean you still haven't figured out the second task?!''

''I'm sorry, okay! I'm trying but nothing adds up!'' I answered Seliel's scowlding.

She rubbed her temples. ''Jesus, Cole, why didn't you tell me earlier! The task is in two days! Two!'' she said, showing me two with her fingers.

''I know! I'm sorry!'' I said.

''Gosh, I'm going to the library. Find Jay and Kai and come there as well,'' she said and walked out.

****

~Cole's POV~

I looked around through the books, but seem to find nothing. I noticed a first year reading a book.

I walked closer to it and saw the caption.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Maybe I could find something in there?

I walked up to the kid and once he noticed someone there, he looked up at me.

''Hey, do you mind if I borrow your book for a few seconds?'' I asked him nicely.

''Um, sure,'' he said kind of scared, handing me the book. I took it and started searching through it. None of the beasts said anything about making a screeching sound.

I decided to go one more page and then I'll return it to the kid. I turned it and read the caption.

Merepeople

I scanned the page until I came upon a paragraph.

Merepeople or Sirens love to sing and their voices are really beautiful under water. When they come to the sore, though, the only thing a person who doesn't speak Mermish would onlu hear terrible screeching.

(This is not actually in Fantasctic Beasts and Where to Find Them btw)

I stared at the book for a few seconds, awestruck. I then trew with back at the kid with an apology and a thanks, then ran out of the library and towards the common room. Fortunately I met Cole, Kai and Jay on the way there.

''Guys! I figured it out!'' I yelled, stopping in front of them. Panting, I spoke. ''I k-know h-how-''

''Hey, hey, Sel, calm down, take a deep breath,'' said Cole.

I nodded. It took me a few seconds but I regained my breath, then spoke. ''I found out how the egg works,'' I told them.

All of their eyes widened. ''How?'' they all asked.

''As weird as it sounds, I will have to smuggle Cole in the Prefects bathroom, tonight,'' I told them.

Cole choked. ''Y-You what? What are we gonna do in there?'' Cole asked. Kai and Jay wiggled their eyebrows at us.

''Ew, no!'' I said, realizing what they thought. ''Perverts.'' I rolled my eyes, then looked back at Cole. ''Anyway, be ready at around eleven, bring the egg with you.''

****

Cole and I entered the Prefect's bathroom and fortunately nobody saw us on the way here.

''Alright, now, we'll run a bath and you have to go in with the egg,'' I told him and he nodded.

We ran the bath and I turned around while he underssed(HE KEPT HIS UNDERWEARE!!!). I heard him enter the bath, the he spoke. ''Alright, you can turn around now,'' he said and I did as told, sitting down cross-legged and trying not to stare at his toned chest. I didn't really know what was hiding under that sweater.

''Now what?'' he asked, interrupting my daydream.

''Um, I don't know. Open it underwater, maybe?'' I suggested.

''Okay,'' he said and dove in. A few seconds later he came back up with a gasp. ''Holy cow!''

''What happened?'' I asked.

''T-There is this song, it tells me something, but I don't know what,'' says Cole.

''Alright, you gotta tell me the whole song, I'll write it down,'' I said, taking a piece of partchment and my quill out of my bag.

''Alright,'' said Cole and dove back in. A few seconds later he came back up. ''Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground.'' he told me and I wrote it down fast so I wouldn't forget it.

''Okay, then,'' I said and he dove back in. We did this a few times until I wrote down the whole song.

''Alright, so, it says-Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground, and while you're searching, ponder this: we've taken what you'll sorely miss, an hour long you'll have to look, and to recover what we took, but past an hour – the prospect's black too late, it's gone, it won't come back.'' I read it out loud.

''What does that mean?'' Cole asked.

''I might have an idea, come on, get dressed and let's go back to the common room,''

****

We worked out that he would have to stay underwater for an hour and that he would have to retrieve something of his that had been stolen. Now, we had another problem at hand-how is he gonna breath underwater for an hour?

''There has to be something,'' I said, turning another page.

Cole, Kai. Jay and I are in the library, looking for something that's gonna help Cole breath underwater for an hour, but unfortunately we couldn't find anything.

''Ugh, we're never gonna make it,'' said Cole, banging his head on the table.

I looked up from the book and at him. I put a hand on his shoulder and rubbet it. ''Cole, don't loose hope, we're gonna find it, we still have the whole night ahead us,'' I told him.

He looked up and nodded. ''You're right, we'll-''

''Seliel,'' someone said and all four of us looked towards the voice to see Zane and LLoyd standing there. ''Professor Karloff send us to get you.'' they told me.

I nodded and stood up. ''I'll be back soon, you keep on searching,'' I told them and followed the two.

They led me towards Karloff's office and opened the door for me, then walked away. I entered to see Karloff, Professor Morro and the other school's headmasters there, along with the boy and girl the other Champions went to the Ball with.

''Miss Dawn, please sit down,'' Karloff said, pointing at the seat in front of him.

Ah, shoot.

Part 4 coming soon!