Finding Out You're Expecting

YOUR POV

5 weeks ago, Louis and I tried to make another baby, and here I was in the medical section of the super-market, buying a few pregnancy tests. Louis was at work for only a couple hours this afternoon, and I didn't want to do the tests without him — I felt it would be more exciting, if he was there.

As I arrive back home, Louis texts me "hope everything's alright sweetheart, be home soon xx." I lightly smile before replying with "it's more than okay baby, I think we're pregnant again, I've brought some tests and will wait until you come home so we can see together"

"That's wonderful sweetheart! I love you, be home as soon as I can" he replies. I smile to myself before placing my phone on the charger, since it was below 5%. 

Louis rushes through the front door just after 4pm. "Darling, I'm home" Louis says as he practically runs down the hallway. I walk out of our shared bedroom, and see a very excited, yet nervous Louis. "You haven't done it yet have you?" Louis questions, pulling me into his chest.

"No silly, they're in the bathroom still.." I reply as I look up at him and kiss his lips. "How do you know you might be pregnant darling? You didn't mention of any missed cycles or any tenderness anywhere" Louis questions, leading us both into the bathroom. 

"Well, I didn't think you would want to talk about missed periods, or anything like that so I decided to not say anything" I reply as I open the pregnancy test box. "Don't be ridiculous sweetheart, you can tell me.. if I had of known earlier, then I wouldn't of went to work" 

I breathe out and look over at him "it's okay Lou, you're here with me now" I reply as I pull my pants down to pee on the strips. Louis breathes out, and nervously bites his nails. 

"We'll do everything we can to make sure you don't miscarry again darling.. we can't go through the pain of losing another baby" Louis softly says, as I pull my pants back up and wash my hands in the sink. "No... we can't, and if we end up losing this baby.. then I guess parenthood isn't meant to be" I say, looking directly into Louis's eyes.

Louis understandably nods his head before rubbing my back. "Let's just try and think positive sweetheart" Louis replies as he grabs the buzzer and puts the timer on for 4 minutes. 

We both sit in the bathroom waiting to see either positive or negative on the pregnant tests. Part of me ever so desperately wanted it to be positive, but the other part was fearful of having another baby due to the thought of either miscarrying again or not fully carrying to term. 

I wanted to be a mother, there was no doubting that, and I knew Louis wanted to be a father because he's really good with kids, and often spoke to me about wanting to be a dad. I look over at him briefly to see a nervous look on his face. 

"It'll hopefully work out this time" I softly say, as the buzzer goes off. Louis lightly smiles as we stand up and take a look at the tests. "We're pregnant again darling, this is amazing" Louis softly says, as tears form in his eyes. 

He wraps his arms completely around me before kissing my forehead. I look up at him and kiss his lips twice in a row before looking at the tests in front of me. I feel tears drip from my eyes onto the counter "I hope we finally get to be parents Louis, we really want this" I shakily say as I fall back into my loving boyfriends chest. 

"Me too darling" Louis replies as he runs his fingers through my hair and presses another kiss to my head. "Lets book an appointment to get your first ultrasound, and find out how far along you are" Louis adds as he walks with me back into our shared bedroom.