19: Fear The Reaper

Start from the beginning

I shake my head. "Stop that, Archie." I sob. "You're my best friend. I don't care how far I have to run or hide. I want to do this for you." I grip his hands, his dark brown eyes staring into my green eyes. "When we get to Toledo we can relax. Okay?"

"Okay." He whispers. In a sudden moment, I kiss Archie.

~

"This is insane." I breathe, looping my thumbs in the belt loops of my skirt. "I'm literally a golden trophy and you're like the big scary dragon according to Hiram."

"Well, Id rather be a big scary dragon than him getting to you." Archie admits.

I open my mouth slightly, shaking my head. "Archie, I don't need you protecting me." I stop in my tracks, looking up at him.

"But Em, you're a mom. You didn't want this for Tori yet it's exactly what's happening. You don't need to run. You're safe." He says, his eyes becoming red with oncoming tears.

Shaking my head, "And you're not." I cup his face. "You're my best friend. We met in day care and we have grown closer over the years. We've been up and fucking down but you're the only person I've had, Archie. You're all I have." We're only inches apart, tears streaming down our cheeks.

"But you have to go back-"

"And I will." I cut in. "But not tonight." I whisper, leaning my forehead against his.

Archie's arms tighten around me, a sob escaping his lips. "Please don't leave me, Emmy." He cries.

I make a shush sound, looking up at him. "I'm not. I'm not leaving anytime soon." I hum.

And for once in my life, Archie is the one who kisses me first.

~

"What's on your mind?" I hum, looking into his eyes.

He shrugs, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I don't know, I'm just, different." He mutters. "And I'm worried I'm going to lose everyone." He says under his breath. "Or that if I do anything the old me would've done, I'm gonna be on the run again."

I click my tongue. "Hey, dont worry." I say. "I'm not going anywhere, Arch. You're my best friend, my daughters other legal guardian, you're literally one of the most important things in my life."

He sighs. "I hate lying to her."

"To Ronnie?" I ask. He nods and I tilt my head to the side. "Then don't."

He stares at me for a second, trying to figure me out before shaking his head. "Let's change up Tori's corner." He says, a small smile on his lips. I let out a squeal as he stands up, making me wrap my legs around his waist. He laughs, letting us fall onto the bed. He tickles my sides and I let out a loud scream, laughing uncontrollably.

I watch as Archie places his hands on my cheeks, his lips locking with mine. My heart is on fire. Electricity shoots through my body as I close my eyes. The salty taste of our tears seep into the kiss.

I push away, my eyes wide. Archie doesn't say a word as I stumble backwards. "I have to go." Is all I can manage out as I step into my car.  "I'll meet you back here to announce when you're done with your drug tests, okay?" Is all I say before driving off.

And I am. Veronica and I stand next to each other with matching coats on as we announce the news to the press. "We are pleased to announce that the results of the drug test taken by Archie Andrews and Mad Dog Moore have both come back negative." My sister announce.