My boyfriend’s band.

     Leave it up to me to be smiling like a complete idiot from my thoughts when Alex and I arrived to the backstage. It took a little while to adjust to the smokiness of the atmosphere that left my lungs heaving for fresh air.

    We ended up finding the rest of the guys, Brenna made an appearance too. Her and Jack looked in love as ever. Which caused me to think of how do Alex and I look? Do we look like madly in love just as other couples do? Or just a stale emotionless relationship?

   Oh how I overthink too much.

      I smiled at Rian who was practicing on a drum pad. Zack was relaxing on one of the crowded leather couches with his black bass in hand.

     During the time the boys didn’t need to be on the stage, I followed Alex around. He constantly had multiple people coming up to him. Some were fans who wanted their The Party Scene album to be signed and others who were other band members from the scene.

     It was astonishing to see Alex in his bubble of what he liked and it was more breath taking to hear the sweet words of ‘This is Laila, my girlfriend’ escape from his lips when he introduced me the everyone.

    They were all extremely nice which saved me on my anxiety of being around strangers.

     It wasn’t long until Alex had to start tuning his guitar. I was left to sit on of the leather couches along with Brenna. She and I watched the frantic movement of some of the mangers who were clearly didn’t have anything together.

     It was suffocating to be backstage. The heavy smoking was almost unbearable along with the smell of booze adding into the atmosphere.

      Brenna talked to me, which was nerve wracking at first, but when she kept rambling on, it only made me feel much better due to the fact it was a sign that she didn’t expect me to say anything back.

      “I’m still kinda mad at Jack for getting me fired but oh well. I’m probably going to be their merch girl soon and hopefully I’ll make money then since they should be touring soon.”

   Touring? I furrowed my eyebrows.

     She took notice of my confusion and explained further, “Didn’t Alex tell you? They can’t just stay in this crappy scene in Baltimore.” She chuckled, almost as if I was an idiot to not think about the fact bands tour, and Alex just so happen to be in a band.

    Jealousy had run deep within me. Alex had told her but not me, I hated feeling left out. Here I sat completely dumbfounded and only because Alex had never taken the time to tell me about the fact All Time Low will be touring.

      My blood ran boiling hot with possessiveness and complete hatred of being left in the dark of this information. Of course, I had some sort of blame to not realize that they were bound to tour sooner or later but with all the recent events that have been crumbling down in my life, I never took the time to actually think about it.

      “Oh look! They’re about to go on.” Brenna had changed to the topic and excitedly jumped off the couch with an innocent smile.

   My legs didn’t move an inch and I hadn’t bothered to follow her to the side stage to watch them.

   The roaring of the audience was vacuumed out of my ears along with the crashing of Rian’s drums.

   The mystery of why I was jealous was beyond me but I was. The feeling was searing through me.