"Do you, Emily Katherine Gaines, take this man to be your lawfully wedded

Start from the beginning

Christian finally released her from his hold, and took a step backward.

"Have you had breakfast? Should I make you something?" He questioned. Emily stared deeply at him. Straight right into his eyes, like she could read his soul. A tiny frown appeared on her face and she asked.

"Who is Logan?"

"Huh?" Christian asked, with a look of obvious confusion. They stood at the door way that lead to Emily's perfected living room.

"Who is Logan? You called me yesterday and asked that." She replied.

"Oh.. that?" A look of recognition finally flushed through his face.

"It's nothing to be worried about. Really. I just overhead my dad and your dad talking about our wedding. Then I heard them mention the name " Logan " I couldn't hear much because I was in a hurry, but that didn't stop me from wondering who he was and how he was related to our wedding."

Emily's heart took a large leap, and she shook silently inside. Her father couldn't have possibly told anyone about Logan, right?

"Why are you here?" She asked, changing the question. Logan was the last person she wanted to talk about with Christian.

"I was waiting for you."

"Yesterday.. did that crash come from my house?" Her frown deepened. Annoyance began to grow deep in her.

"No. Absolutely not my love. I was at my office, and I am terribly sorry about that. I was drinking and wasn't thinking straight. That will never happen again. I swear." he replied apologetically. Emily could see the sincerity in his eyes. Christian didn't lie about stuff unnecessarily, at least, she was still sure about that part of him.

"I'll be upstairs. I need to take a shower and go to the office." She said, finally making a move to walk past him. His voice stopped her in her tracks.

"And Em?"

She turned to stare at him with a questioning gaze.

"Beth called." He watched silently, to hear her next words and see if she would erupt. Was she still going to go through with the wedding? He wondered.

"Tell her I'll see her at her office later." With those words said, she turned back around and climbed up the stairs. A soft smile of relief spread out on Christian's face. She was still going to give him that chance.. She was still going to make him the happiest man alive, and God help him, in return, he would make her the happiest woman in the world. He would never hurt her.

The both of them were going to pretend that the last three days didn't happen. That Emily did not hear his confession to her, about killing a woman.

But could Emily really do that?

The door closed behind her with a bang as she stepped into her room. The drapes hung low, and darkness swallowed the room. She pressed her fingers to the tiny button on the wall, and instantly, bright lights flooded the room.

She sat on her bed, and searched for her phone inside her bag. Once she had it in her hands, she clicked on Logan's name on her contact list and typed onto the keyboard.

"I can't see you for a few days. Let's keep this low."

She hesitated for a few seconds, and then hit the send button.

•••••••

The last time Logan heard anything from Emily was a week ago, when she had sent him that text, telling him she couldn't see him for a while.