Welcome to Parenthood

The energy in the room was tense, Silence was the loudest thing being heard. Everybody was trapped in their minds. Today started off as a happy day and they were celebrating a new life to now wondering if a life was going to be taken. So many thoughts and possible outcomes were floating in the air.

Star had gone down to the NICU to check on baby girl. Rose was sitting off in the corner staring at nothing she felt numb. Miss Carlotta and Simone had just gone to go look for Derek. After having the breakdown he just disappeared.

Derek had found himself in the hospital chapel. It had been almost two hours since one of the happiest days of his life turned into one of the worst very quickly. He hadn't heard anything on the status of his wife and he was slowly losing his mind. He decided he and god needed to have a talk.

"Dear God...I come before you asking you to please just make sure my wife is okay. I can't lose my wife. Everything in my life has been lost until she came. God I've lost everything but I need you to not make me lose my wife. I need her, I can't do this by myself. I can't do life without her." He broke down.

Miss C touched his shoulder sitting down next to him pulling him into a hug he cried in her chest. "God fix her like I know you can. Make sure she's okay." He choked out. Amen. After crying all that he could, he broke the silence.

"Miss C why me? Why is everything in my life cursed? Why am I not allowed to be happy? This isn't fair."

"I know, Derek I know but remember this a test set up for your testimony. God is never gonna give you more than you can bear. She's gonna be alright. This is Alex we're talking about she's a fighter."

"Mr

"Mr. Jones!" Derek looked up seeing Dr. Lain.

"Dr. Lain, please tell me my wife is going to be okay? I can't lose her, I need her me and our daughter." Derek broke down, holding on to Dr. Lain.

"Hey Derek, please just listen to me. Alexandra had preeclampsia. We thought she was going into labor early because of IVF but that's not the case. Because she had that and it was untreated, it produced into Eclampsia. Which would explain her seizure. I'm deeply sorry that I miss that diagnosis. If I had known I would've done everything in my power to avoid this from happening."

"Doc what are you saying? Is she okay?" He looked up with hopeful tears.

"She's fine we gave her some anticonvulsants, the seizure stopped. We ran a couple of tests and Right now she's resting, but you can go see her, and we can bring the baby girl in the room if you'd like."

"Yes! Thank you, God! Thank you, Dr. Lain. Thank you so much." He hugged her.

"You're very welcome." She hugged him back.
Derek raced back to their room, seeing his wife laying peacefully in the bed. The nurse was there changing her IV.

"Hey she was under some anesthesia, so once that wears off she should be wide awake okay."

"Thank you guys so much."