Footsteps

Derek woke up with a splintering headache

Derek woke up with a splintering headache. He felt like he had gotten hit in the head repeatedly. Slowly peeling his eyes open he found Alex laying on top of him, mouth open slightly, drooling just a bit. He hated to disturb her sleep but he needed something and he needed something now. Moving a little bit, he felt her grab him tighter. "Baby, you gotta get up so I can get some aspirin and use the bathroom."

"There's some and a bottle of water on the nightstand right there." She says with her eyes still closed.

"Thanks baby but I still have to use the bathroom."

"Hold it until I get up." She says snuggling closer.

"That's not healthy, cmon you don't even have to open your eyes, just roll over."

"But your warm and comfortable." She pouted.

"Just lay in my spot until I come back."

"Fine. Give me a kiss and I'll move."

He quickly flipped them over leaning down placing a soft kiss on her lips. "Good morning beautiful, Can I go now?"

"Good morning and yes you can but just don't take to long Okay." She says laying back down.

He was probably gone no more than 5 minutes, and she had fallen back asleep and looked very comfortable in his spot.

Derek looked his wife over, he took notice of how the pregnancy was slowly changing her body. The glow that took a permanent residence on her skin. Her boobs that were slightly bigger and her bump was slowly forming, but if you didn't pay attention you would miss it. Her body was changing to being a life into the world and she looked beautiful doing it.

After Snapping a pictures and videos of her, He climbed back into the bed. Opening up the pregnancy app he downloaded, checking on the size of the baby and the development, Derek couldn't help but get even more excited, he quickly glanced at Alex was still asleep before he started his daily routine of talking to the baby and sharing what he had learned.

"Hey baby girl, today you're the size of a strawberry. I read you have arms now. So you're probably just moving back and forth. Your mommy thinks you're a boy but I think your gonna be daddy's little princess. I know you can't hear me yet. But I'm so ready for you to be here. Oh can you take it easy on your mommy with the morning sickness. I can't handle vomit, makes me queasy and I don't think everybody should be throwing up you know? Okay I love you, talk to you tonight princess."

"You know It's a boy? Right." Alex says eyes still closed.

"No I'm telling you it's a girl." He knew it was girl, there was no doubt in his mind.

"Derek, it's a boy, I had a dream."

"You had a dream? And dreamt you were carrying my son? OH! Baby What if it's twins?"