there she was my best friend

and that's where the beginning of the end begun. 

i've always had a crush on my friend until she moved away along with our chances of being together. although i did confess my love to her she left without a word and the next day bill told me she had moved away. i told myself variations of things i tried to believe, i told myself she still loved me and just got nervous. i forgave her for moving away without a word. i forgave her even though everyone around me told me to be mad at her. i missed her and i loved her. she's the best thing that happened to me and i say that with confidence. lies can buy eternity. 

one year later: two years after beverly left

everything was going great, life had turned itself around in an instant, i never thought about her anymore and that was fine. i mean i still missed her but i had better things to worry about like ending high school.

"hey y/n, have you heard the news?" eddie said coming to sit next to me at the lunch table.

"what news?" i ask, turning to face him, bill gives him a look and eddie, shut his mouth and opened his lunchbox 

"bill what is it?" i asked, starting to get worried 

"just tell her bill, she's going to find out sooner or later." mike interjects 

"tell me what?" i said raising my voice.

"if you don't tell her i will." mike said 

"fine." bill said, "she's coming back." 

the news was like a rock flying to me and hitting me square the face. i didn't know how to respond, to cry, to laugh, to run away, or to act like things are normal.

"you ok?" eddie asked noticing my clear state of panic.

"i think i am fine." i responded, looking up at everyone.

"when?" i asked

"this month."

"when did you talk?" 

"last week"

"what else did she say?"

"she missed you." 

"she's lying." 

"she sounded genuine." 

"exactly."

"she does miss you, y/n and she still loves you." richie said 

"i doubt that." i replied, "why would she leave without telling me, if she loves me?"

"she didn't know how to respond." bill said 

"bullshit." i said, "i need to hear it from her to know it's true."

"fine."

and that's the day i realized how much i love her. her hair, oh i wonder what she looks like now. do i look the same? i wouldn't know. the days in the month of april were coming to an end and every day that passed was only getting closer to the day she would come back. i'm not expecting everything to go back to normal, it would take time.

"hey y/n," bill said to me as i got in the car

"hey." i replied.

"you ready?" he asked me

"as i'll ever be." i said

"it's all going to be ok, just call me if something happens." he said.

"thank you for the emotional support, it means a lot." i said

"anytime, you go get your womanz." he said as the car came to a stop.

beverly's pov

the park was empty, peaceful, soon to be filled with so much emotion and the grass stained with the tears of two young girls in love. a white, rusty car passed by, i recognized her hair and soft eyes looking at the driver with a smile. the car stopped and out she came.

y/n's pov

there she was my best friend sitting in the grass waiting for me. our eyes locked and my heart skipped a beat as she stood up. she ran to me and wrapped me in a hug. 

"i love you y/n." 

!sorry i've been inactive, spring break ended and school sucks ass.