i know part two

my bags were packed.

my goodbyes were said.

the tears have stopped.

and the plane departed.

i was gone.

leaving.

leaving him.

don't make me sad

5 years later.

"you're unbelievable!" i laughed, it had been 5 years since i moved. everything was going amazingly in washington.

"y/n im telling you!" beverly snorted.

"you are not telling me richie is coming back." my smile faded as i said the words out loud.

"he is, i told him that you wouldn't want to see him but he claimed he had a different reason for coming here." beverly said.

"no beverly, i never want to see richie tozier again. he broke my heart and i don't want to see is frog face." i stated.

"y/n you're going to have to forgive him at some point." beverly tried to reason.

"when he does, i will."

don't make me cry

richies pov

5 years ago.

"eddie what am i supposed to do!" i yelled at eddie, it had been a day since she saw me and eddie kissing and i had to apologize.

"you shouldn't do that quite yet, she's not ready to see you." eddie calmly said.

what am i doing? i'm not gay and i'm not in love with eddie it's y/n, it always has been.

"eddie get out." i said.

"wh-"

"OUT!"

sometimes love is not enough

y/ns pov // now

i hastily walked into my house in seattle, after everything that happened today.

there were only so many hours in the day and each one that passed would lead me to him.

and the road gets tough

richies pov // now

her

every passing hour, minute, second would lead me closer to

her.

i loved her, i never stopped.

i can't let anything get in the way this time.

the plane took off at 4:35 on wednesday, and arrived 7:53 in seattle.

that's where she was.

i don't know why

y/ns pov // now // the arrival

two knocks.

one doorbell ring.

one richie.

what do i do.

"richie!" i opened the door to see a smiling richie with two suitcases full of what i assume is his belongings.

"y/n! i missed you so much." he laughed going in for a hug, which i dodged.

"come sit, beverly said you wanted to talk." it was those words that struck a dagger through me. i knew this would never, we would never work.

"i love you."

"what."

"i said i love you y/n."

my well known awkward laugh shattered the silence left between us.

"heh heh what."

"i sa-"

"i know what you said richie, i just don't understand. aren't you gay?" here richie was, after 5 years coming back and telling me he loved me.

"i can explain, if you give me a chance." he said, no he pleaded.

"i can't richie." i whispered.

"y/n come on please." he begged.

"i'm sorry."

keep making me laugh

beverly's pov // now // why

a knock fell upon my door, i assumed it was richie and y/n here to tell me of their engagement.

"oh my god congratulations..?" i wavered, "where's y/n?"

"she said no." richie said, "help."

"oh my you poor asshole!" i chuckled.

richie gave me a face that killed me.

"ok ok i'm sorry." i said

"she didn't even give me a chance to explain! all i want to do is tell her i love her for the rest our fucking lives!" he yelled

"calm yourself, showing up at her door probably made her stressed and panicked." i said, "wait a few weeks and surprise her with something big. a grand gesture if you may."

"i can't do that. that's not me and she wouldn't want me to do something i don't ever do." he stated.

"you're so wrong richie, i have much to teach you." i laughed.

let's go get high

word count - 652