🌑Love me in the dark.🌑☄

Start from the beginning

She probably knew the answer to that. Her pride wouldn't let her accept the fact that she liked this man. Not just in a sexual or friendly way, but maybe in a way, a little too deeper. She liked being in his company, she liked his smile.. his tattoos, his lame jokes. The feel of his clothes on her body. The warmth she felt in it.

"I like you." the sound of his voice startled her. Her gaze quickly moved to the entrance of his room door, where he stood, with his back against the wall. Completely dressed in grey baggy pants with a white polo shirt. His tattooed arms crossed against his chest.

Her left eyebrow quirked upward in response to his shocking confession. When did he come out? when did he dress up? How long had she been lost in her thoughts?

"I'm not really the type of person that keeps his feelings locked up in a bottle. If i don't like you, i tell you, and if i like you, well, i do what i just did." he smiled softly.

"Lo--"

"I'm not telling you this to change your mind. Honestly. I swear. While i was in the shower, i did quite a lot of thinking, and it all came down to one thing. I like you. I enjoyed our time together, and sure, i'm a bit disappointed that you're leaving, but i just thought i should let you know."

Emily could not avoid his piercing gaze. No matter how hard she tried. The atmosphere was too tense now.  She didn't know what to say. This situation was harder than any business problem she had encountered. She was bad at this. At love.

Finally, she found her voice and spoke.

"Some days ago, i remember you telling me you didn't like me."  that was her chance at trying to lighten to tensed air around them. Logan chuckled. Of course, he remembered it all too clearly. That hot afternoon when she had found him in her wedding planner's office. That was the second time they had met after being sexually involved. That was when all these really started. The late nights out. The secrets. If they had kept a secret like that for so long, then why should a marriage stop it this time around?

"Do we really have to end this?" he breathed out, moving away from the door, and walked closer to her.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean.. we could keep this up. It could remain a secret. We would just have to be extra careful. I know you want this too. You want me. Don't you?" Emily couldn't decipher the look in his eyes. Deep in all the hunger it carried, she could notice the hint of longing attached to it too.

"Logan,  you said you weren't trying to hold me back."  she mumbled, pressing her forefinger against her temple tiredly.

"I'm not. I only gave a suggestion princess.  If you don't want to, it's fine. I can go drop you off if you want."

Emily chuckled, and looked up at him.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Seriously." he smiled back.

"You don't even have a car." she grinned, and Logan laughed out loudly. After a few seconds, their laughter faded.

"I- I have never been in a situation like this. You make everything so difficult." She swallowed a lump in her throat, and looked away from him. Her gaze lingered on the ceiling.

"--me and you? The both of us.. we're different--"

"You mean you're rich and i'm poor. Don't try to sugarcoat it. I get you." a lighter smile appeared on his face.

"I don't mean it that way.. but that's not completely wrong." she grinned again.

"Savage." Logan mumbled. He watched with curious eyes as she got up from the couch, and walked closer to him. The both of them now stood at the center  of the room, holding the others' stare deeply.