Dino (3)

I haven't reviewed this so heads up for any grammatical typos and whatnot. It's pretty late but i'm trying to update this for you guys. So, enjoy!

(Edited: 12/07/19)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You should have listened to your father. You should have obeyed him when he said not to go anywhere near the nets.

"I-I think we caught something big, boss!"

You were just so curious about the weird, giant nets that were in the Southern waves. You were more than curious.

You hear fast footsteps approach you, and your heart beats fast against your chest. You had to get out of wherever you were. But your right hand was tangled up badly in some kelp and got tied with the strong and rough net that did not give you the privilege of getting away. Instead, it made raw and red scratches on your wrist.

You frantically pull at the net with your free hand, making an attempt to break free. But it was futile. The net wouldn't budge or break loose. Somehow, your strength wasn't working.

Instead, you try and thrash around with your strong tail, hoping that you could somehow break the net and get free. But nothing happens. Only your body feeling tired of trying to escape.

Your powers aren't working.

Your heart beats fast like a herd of horses galloping with the wind. Fear rushes through your heart.

You didn't know what other mess you got yourself into this time, but you wished that you could just disappear and go back home, safe under the sea.

The ocean doesn't seem to agree with you being trapped in a mess of nets and fish either, because the sky is dark with gray clouds as the wind gets slightly colder now. You wonder if your father or big brother, Seungcheol, knows about this, about where you are right now.

Because you didn't have a clue.

I wish I had just listened to Papa, you think to yourself, regretting going near the nets earlier, thus, getting yourself into the situation you are in now.

The footsteps get closer and closer until you see a couple of boots approach you and stop right in front of you.

You hear lots of murmurs and gasps and whispers among the small crowd of men in fishing clothes. You slowly and hesitantly look up to see the crowd. They seem to be fishermen, you conclude. They're wearing rubber fishing boots and clothes that are fit for getting wet on sea. They are mostly middle aged men and a few old men who's hair consists of dark and gray hair, and only very few young men.

Their faces gave out the fact that they couldn't believe what they were seeing. And you couldn't believe that you were on a big fishing boat, trapped and tangled in a net full of fish that were flopping around and gasping for water. You frantically look around. But all you could see is just fishermen in clothing, crates full of fish and other sea creatures, and fishing materials.

You flail your free arm around, trying desperately to break free from the net that is keeping you trapped. But however hard you try to break free, this weird and unusual net was not like the ones made of kelp back at home. They wouldn't snap and break at even your slightest touch.

The sound of heavy boots approaching you gets your attention. You look up to see a middle aged man with a dark stubble, staring at you with beady eyes and a fascinated and bewildered look on his face. 

The sight of him sends cold shivers down your spine.

Then, the corners of his lips curl up into a smile. "Well well well, what do we have here? A mermaid? I thought they were just a myth the old folks believed in." the man chuckles to his crew.