DK (1)

~~~
It was indeed a cakey mess.
~~~

"Okay, ma'am. I'll have your order ready by tonight.", you smiled through the phone as you talked to a customer. You nodded as you listened to the woman's order of the cake she wanted. You occasionally nodded and hummed in response.

"Okay... Yes... Will that be vanilla or chocolate? Ah, yes of course... Okay, thank you, ma'am."

You hung up the phone and started to gather all the ingredients to make the cake.

You took orders and make cake for your job. You had your very own cake and cookies business that you loved. And you enjoyed baking and cooking, so you never felt tired or bored of all the orders and things.

And you loved to see others smile upon seeing their cake and cookie orders, satisfied smiles on their faces.

You got out the ingredients you needed and started to get to work.

The woman that had ordered the cake wanted it to be a vanilla cake that was decorated with little pink and blue flowers.

You already had an image of what the cake would look like.

So cute! You thought to yourself.

You worked at your house as the cake studio was closed today. But you didn't mind. You were glad you got to stay at home even though you had to work.

You managed to get the cake batter done and ready to bake in more or less a few minutes.

You poured the cake batter into the cake tray and put it in the oven.

"Phew. That was some tough work.", you said while clapping your hands. (Baksu! Oo Cha cha cha cha! Sorry, I had to 😅)

Just then, your phone dinged. You had a new message.

You read the text and smiled, knowing who sent it.

You quickly typed a reply and hit send. Then you waited for the cake.
~~~

"Y/N, i'm at the door. I brought your favorite food~", you heard your bestfriend say through the phone a while later.

You smiled and instantly hung up the phone, not giving an answer. Then you rushed to your front door and opened it to reveal a very bright ball of sunshine at your doorstep. He literally glowed. Like, he wouldn't stop smiling until you thought his smile was permanent.

He smiled at you as he waved some Korean take out in front of your face. He had a big grin on his face.

You laughed and told him to come in.

"So, what are you doing today? Baking another cake order?", Seokmin asked as he took a bite out of his delicious food.

You swallowed the food you've been chewing and drank some water.

"Yup. It has to be ready by tonight. Apparently, my customer has an event tonight. And she just had the time to order a cake at the last minute."

You usually don't take last minute orders, but since the woman was one of your favorite customers, you didn't have the heart to turn down her cake order. You would just have to work extra hard and quick.

You chewed on a piece of meat, enjoying the taste of fresh hot meat.

Seokmin nodded and took a piece of meat from your plate, a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

You just chuckled and rolled your eyes.

Typical him. You laughed to yourself.

Soon enough, you were done eating lunch. Seokmin helped you with the dishes and kept you company while you baked the cake.