Vernon (2)

In which you two spend a long amount of time just arguing about maps and directions.

~~~~~

You look up at the sunny sky, so bright and sunny that you had to wear dark sunglasses to shield you from the blazing sun. But then that wouldn't count as sunny anymore though. But nonetheless, you were staring up at the sunny sky thinking, it's a perfect day to go traveling!

"Hey," you suddenly say, hitting your friend's arm, earning an unhappy grunt from him.

"Ow. You could've just called my name instead of hitting me to get my attention." Vernon mutters, rubbing the sore spot on his arm. He gives you an annoyed look.

"Don't you think it's a perfect day to go traveling?" you ask him with a twinkle in your eyes, ignoring the fact that his arm is slightly hurting.

His eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "To where? Do you even like traveling?"

You squint your eyebrows at your friend and scoff. "Of course I like traveling. So let's go today."

"Why so sudden? We haven't even planned on where to go, how long we'll be traveling, and so on and so on." the brown haired boy says, leaning back on the park bench you guys are sitting on and relaxes. "Besides, I'm tired."

You roll your eyes and let out a huff, clearly a bit disgusted at your friend's lazy manner. "You're not tired. You're just lazy." you tell him, your lips in a straight line as you look at him expressionlessly.

He mocks a hurt look as he holds his hand to his heart and looks at you as if you just killed his pride. "I am not lazy."

"You weren't doing anything but sleeping until I dragged you out of your house to go to the park, Vernon." you deadpan.

"Yeah, but-"

"Just admit it; you're lazy."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am NOT."

"Are TOO."

He sighs exasperatedly and glares at you, giving up on the bickering thing you two always do. "You know what? Let's just go do this traveling thing you want so bad."

You smile triumphantly and flash him a winning smirk. "I knew you'd give in."

~~~~~

"Are you done yet? We've been in here for hours." Vernon asks, wondering when you'll ever be done packing for this three day trip.

You've decided to go to a winter festival in the neighboring town which was a few hours away. You'd be staying there for three days. You heard that it was one of the best festivals this year and that they're going to hand out free snow cones and ice cream and other goodies. They're also going to open the ice skating rink for free. And seriously, who would wanna miss that?

You had agreed to meet up (and by meet up, meaning that him picking you up at your house) at seven in the morning to get an early start on your traveling in the holidays. And much to your surprise, your friend had been surprisingly fast and early to show up at your front doorsteps, despite his lazy self.

He only brought one backpack with him, which he carried on his back.

And now he was waiting for you to finish packing—which you weren't even half way done—as he was lazily sprawled across on your plush, soft bed, ruining the neat bed sheets and blankets you tried hard to neaten up earlier.

"It hasn't even been half an hour, Vernon. Just quit whining and wait patiently." you snap at him, continuing to throw your clothes around the room, trying to find the ones you're looking for.