Joshua (1 part 2)

Everything was dark at first. The second you stepped into the secret tunnel, the entrance closed shut, promising you no way back.

You shuddered and looked ahead. It was dark but not mossy like the big tunnel you and your two friends went through earlier. You could feel a faint breeze in here.

The walls of the tunnel were suddenly lighted up by little lights, making you jump in shock.

"Aaah!" you squealed, your loud voice echoing through the tunnel. You immediately put your hands over your mouth. You didn't want to be heard by the guards.

You took a deep breath and started walking forwards.

You had to find this Woozi guy, whoever he was. But the question is, which way to the forest? You looked at the three paths before you that all lead to three different places. Joshua didn't tell you which turns you had to take in the tunnel. He said that it would lead you straight to the woods. Maybe you just had to go straight?

You took the chance and went straight.

So far so good. Nothing seemed wrong.

You looked around the tunnel to get your mind away from your worried thoughts.

The tunnel's brick walls were covered in vines and little flowers that seemed to glow in the dim light.

You looked at them in awe.

Thud thud thud.

You snapped your head to the sound of fast footsteps. Oh snap! You grimaced. They found you!

Without thinking, you took off running deeper into the tunnel. Your heart raced and pounded inside your chest. You tried hard to control your breathing.

Oddly, instead of the footsteps getting farther away from you, they were indeed getting louder and closer.

And just when you wanted to stop in your tracks and listen, something, or someone, crashed into you, knocking the poor wind out of you.

You and the person that crashed into you fell to the hard ground.

"Ow..." you winced in pain. You rubbed your back that hit the ground.

"I'm so sorry! I was in a hurry and I wasn't looking at where I was and- Oh! You're a human!" the person gasped. He was a boy. And he looked a little younger than you. His cute little eyes were wide in surprise.

You immediately got up and backed away from him."D-don't go near me!" you warned him.

He frantically waved his hands in front of him. "I'm not gonna hurt you! I'm a good guy, see?" He gestured to himself.

You fought the urge to laugh. How would you know if he was a good guy or not when you just crashed into him a few seconds ago. This was some funny kid.

He looked at you curiously. "How did you get in here? No one knows this secret tunnel except the thirteen of us." he wondered out loud, furrowing his eyebrows.

"S-someone showed me this tunnel." you told the boy. You didn't mention Joshua's name as you didn't trust this boy yet.

The boy's eyebrows furrowed even more. He wondered who showed you their secret tunnel.
He examined you and silently gasped when he saw the silver ring you were wearing.

"Joshua hyung's ring!",  he exclaimed. He stepped closer to you. "Where is he right now?"

You wondered how the boy knew it was Joshua's ring. You shook your head unknowingly. "I don't know where he went. He said that 'she' was waiting for him, but he didn't tell me who 'she' was." you told the boy. You furrowed your brows at him.