Brother

Chapter 22

Brother

There is a fairytale story from Earth that I am very fond of. It is Rapunzel.
She is not really a princess.
She is just a simple daughter born from two loving husband and wife. The wife in her days of pregnancy crave something that only a witch next door would have. Fearing that the wife will be unhappy and grow weak in her pregnancy, the husband brave himself and steal but the witch caught him. Feeling aggrieve for being wronged the witch is not cruel enough as to turn the man as a frog. Made a promise, once the baby is born, she will take her away.
The husband, in his fear from the witch agreed. But when the appointed agreement arrive the husband and wife are hesitant. But the witch stole the baby.

I wonder.
Is she wrong?
But they agreed beforehand.
The thing the witch cherish was taken away but she agreed in exchange of something they cherished.
Is she really wrong?
Is the witch wrong?

I smile bitterly, why am I thinking about that now?
I am not Rapunzel.
Rapunzel, though she is not aware, is loved and love by three parents. The husband, the wife and the witch. And later on, she is love by a prince. And then love by the nation. But what about me?

Clang.
The heavy chain creak when I tried to stand up. It hurts.
My right foot is chained with a heavy chain like those from the movies in ancient times.
My hair is messy and It is itchy from filth and grease. My tattered white dress they force me to wear cant even blocked the cold air and the cold floor.
I have been sitting on the straw hay and my food and water is serve in the floor. I havent seen light from so long. How many days have I been here?
The stench of my own pee smells disgusting.
I bitterly smile.
Rapunzel, she is place up up in the sky.
Even though she pretends to be wronged.
I who has been place underground thinks she has been treated very heroine-like.

Clink.
I look down and a jewel shine.
This….
That damn grandfather force me to remove it but I fight for it.
I even bite him so he wont touch it.
Resulting from my bruised left cheek that he slapped so harshly.
The side of my lips has been dried with blood.
It is my first time being slapped in my entire two lives.
Tears are trickling down my eyes as I lift the necklace pendant.

“Big….Brother….” I softly whisper.
I know I wont die here so I am fighting with all my strength.
But I want to go home…
Because Big Brother Kaorin has been showing good will towards me.
Slowly, slowly, I feel like I am winning him back to my side. Slowly, I want to be assured.
As Margarite, Cause I am Margarite!
I am Margarite Swan.
And I want my brother to look at me, smile at me, protect me, laugh at me…

Creeeeak..
Light has entered my eyes.

“Margarite, are you ready for your next punishment?”
A stern wrinkled face of this disgusting scum appears.
My eyes already devoid from life as I raise my face.
My body involuntarily shudders as I saw that familiar whip in his hand.

“Monster…” I grit my teeth and softly cursed.

A/N:
Hmmmm....